· Stay abreast of relevant market reports, news and activities in the industry (e.g., changes in regulations, new technology), inferring implications on the In Vitro Diagnostics sector (specifically Laboratory and Molecular Diagnostics)
· Leverage and interpret public domain, primary, and third-party resources
· Keep up to date (in compliant manner) on established and emerging competitor metrics, news and activities through scouting and interviews (internal and external), and updating management on relevant competitor events in a timely and efficient process
· Understand customer needs, requirements and any macro customer trends
· Build and maintain market models, including historical, current, and forecast
· Market analysis (basic data analysis) and market share analysis to understand market position, progress and in support of annual operating plan / strategic planning process
· Work with regions and business franchises to establish market estimates, ensuring alignment between various stakeholders (i.e. top-down and bottom-up approach)
· Create ongoing monthly, quarterly, and annual market and competitor updates and deliverables, ensuring the highest of quality and attention to detail
· Provide executive-level presentations on market trends and competitive performance to inform strategic and product development decisions
· Ad-hoc market and competitive analysis and special projects (e.g., competitor deep dive)
Key competencies / attributes
· In depth understanding of the IVD market, its players, and technologies a plus
· Strong business acumen and analytical skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Stellar data analysis skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
· Ability to communicate succinctly and manage through complexity
· Able to create a network across the organization (Headquarter and Regions)
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
· Preferred: Masters level degree in a business or science / technology related topic
· 5+ years in market research, competitive intelligence, and/or analytical/financial modeling in the In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) industry or a related field.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.