Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events, and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Product Manager for Distributed Energy Resources Management System (DERMS), located in Canada to advance the growth of our business globally.
The Digital Grid Business Unit of Siemens is the one-stop supplier of sophisticated energy management technology across the entire energy conversion chain and makes it possible to adapt power grids to future demands, through modernization and capability enhancement. Our technology simplifies the control of power grids and ensures an economic, reliable, intelligent, highly available and efficient grid operation.
Digital Grid deliver market solutions that are scalable and compliant with industry standards for interoperability and security. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC and now to be extended in Canadian locations
What will you do?
- Driving Product management for DERMS: a software platform that is used to connect, schedule, aggregate and manage the operation of all types of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) within a power grid to deliver vital grid services, balance demand with supply and enable ancillary services.
- Setting the vision on how to evolve this platform as well as how to integrate it with other Siemens offerings across the following activity fields
- Acting as the vital link between technological innovations and commercial success.
- Leading internal teams to proactively gather relevant customer needs from internal and external stakeholders, with clear focus on customer centricity and UX
- Identifying new business opportunities, defined jointly with colleague’s new business models
- Leading agile teams of R&D, sales, and operational teams in defining the right product offering for our target markets
- Acting like an entrepreneur, driving new topics fast from idea generation to first implementation.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelors’ degree or diploma in engineering, computer science or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product management a proven track record to launch new products to the market.
- Minimum 5 years of Agile enterprise software experience, especially in cloud software and in the IoT space
- Experience in Energy market and current trends in the energy transition, including utility grid operation, distributed generation...
- You are inspirational leader experienced in building and managing high-performing international teams.
- You have experience working internationally for global markets and with global teams.
- You convince customers and management with your communication skills towards C-level
- Highly flexible, ability to execute well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization.
- You are flexible to travel 30%-40% of the time.
- Business travels in Europe, Asia and North America provides you with insights of our customer needs and existing obstacles to be solved.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.