Research Engineer – Semantics
The Corporate Technology department occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
Our Research Group (Advanced Data Management), located in Bangalore, is part of the Business Analytics and Monitoring (BAM) Technology Field of CT Research. Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionate community of around 250 researchers, data scientists and project managers distributed across the globe. We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from industry, energy, mobility and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence. We are looking for equally passionate techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding solutions to some non-trivial problems of the petabyte world.
What part will you play?
- Experience in creating and maintaining knowledge graph data structures
- Experience in semantic consistency checking
- Experience in manipulating unstructured, semi-structured and fully structured datasets
- Capability to understand and model a domain in interactions with the customer
- Love for data and data semantics
- An open mind; desire to learn the most appropriate language/technology to solve a given problem
- Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives
- Autonomous and responsible; organized and structured in initiatives and work
- Detail-oriented and able to keep a global vision of the issues and their solutions
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You have Masters/PhD. in Computer Science or a related discipline from a reputed institute with experience up to 3 years in building data analytics and machine learning applications using knowledge graphs
- Experience in semantic web related specifications and tools
- Knowledge of knowledge graph consistency and coherency checking
- RDF, RDFS (preferably also OWL)
- Querying & data manipulation in SPARQL
- Programming skills (e.g. Python, Java, basic HTML…)
- Experience with ETL processes and tools (cleaning, conversion, …)
- Understanding of inference in RDF, RDFS and OWL (including profiles)
- Knowledge of property graph formalism (e.g. Neo4j, Gremlin, Tinkerpop, …)
- Awareness of authoring ontologies using tool like Protégé (need not be an expert but should at least have that ability)
- Decent awareness of RDF stores like Blazegraph and/or GraphDB to go with corresponding SPARQL knowledge that is mentioned.
- Machine learning expertise is a definite plus!
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time