Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting interns for our summer 2021 Strategic Student Program in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
Interested in learning more about our student resources and opportunities? Join our Siemens Software Student Connect LinkedIn group!
We have positions available in software development, user experience, data management, cloud applications, and research & design innovation.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Able to work from our office in Charlotte, North Carolina without relocation assistance - this position will be temporarily remote
- Preferred sophomore or junior status
- Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Cloud Application Services (CAS)
Cloud Security and Compliance Team
As part of the Cloud Security and Compliance team, you will participate in security and compliance activities for Siemens PL’s cloud-native applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in securing public cloud environments and applications.
- Assist with public cloud compliance activities.
- Author white papers, analysis documents, executive summaries and detailed business case documents.
- Implement new cloud technology environments and Proof of Concept (POCs) projects
- Studying for a Bachelor’s degree in: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field
- Computer Security background preferred
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure experience a plus
- PERL, Dash, etc. – scripting for automation
- Understanding of object oriented programming
- Strong problem solving skills
- Interest in open source scripting
- Linux background also helpful
- Potential to continue on part-time throughout the school year
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Inspire collaboration / curious question asker
- Driven and self-motivated with ability to work independently and conduct research under guidance
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.