Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Informatics Support Engineer
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Informatics Support Engineer, you will be responsible for:
The HSC Specialist provides third level service support and knowledge transfer to the Siemens Healthcare Regional Units and business partners worldwide. This position reports to the HSC Manager within the Customer Services organization.
• In your activities you will provide third level service support to the Siemens Healthcare Regional Units and business partners worldwide for the complete portfolio of Siemens Healthineers Informatics products
• You will manage complex technical investigations using the ATS methodology or in collaboration with R&D and OEM vendors to identify potential product issues
• You will collaborate with the Business Area to create and communicate interim and final solutions and you will disseminate relevant technical information via SKB, Webinars, etc.
• You will define customer account issues and lead cross-functional team to develop, execute and monitor action plan via remote tools or onsite visit
• You will conduct knowledge transfer sessions including global calls and technical exchange meetings and will lead knowledge transfer on new product introductions and updates
• You will support AA Region time zone. This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
• You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new solutions
• You will use proactive tools or data sets to target accounts for remedial action and work cross-functionally to formulate an action plan that is implemented by the local support organizations.
• You are a self-starter and have advanced analytical problem-solving skills to resolve technical issues associated with connection, routers, workflow, database and data communication pathways
• You are proficient in network infrastructure methodologies such as virtual machines, high availability and remote support
• You have demonstrated good documentation practices
• You have very good presentation skills in the customer environment and you show team orientation, communication skills and customer orientation
• You have an understanding of clinical laboratory operations with 3+ years of experience in Healthcare or an FDA regulated industry
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5-8 years relevant experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities, knowledge and skills; experience with IT systems and Informatics support preferred
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Position will support the AA Region time zone, however, location can be based out of Flanders NJ, Tarrytown NY, Walpole MA, or Newark DE sites; remote office location may be considered
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.