Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We are searching for someone to partner with the Siemens SI BP R&D System Test organization. As a Test Design Professional at Siemens, you will work within development teams to build and enhance products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for ensuring that our products meet or exceed defined requirements.
The ideal candidate is described as follows:
- They have solid experience working in large, complex building controls systems, networks and technologies (ideally BACnet, but also beneficial are KNX, DALI, IO, block programming, applications, system configurations and controls). You should have a good understanding of useability from a systems perspective, know how all the pieces should fit together, and then enjoy finding ways that they don’t.
- Enjoys the challenge of finding missing and/or broken features.
- Enjoys improving and simplifying features, challenging designs and overly complex procedures that could hinder our customers.
- Will collaborate with development teams in the US as well as globally to fix issues.
- Continuous learner and adopts new testing technologies, tools and concepts, to grow their personal toolbox of skills and capabilities.
- Passionately curious and creative in finding ways of making software, hardware and networks work together both correctly and incorrectly.
- Desires a meaningful career, aligning with a group of diverse and technically sharp colleagues.
- Energized by solving problems.
- Define test strategy and provide estimates on test efforts.
- Review product specifications with respect to testability and provide feedback. Work with business owners and leads when such information is unavailable.
- Document traceability of tests to associated functional and non-functional requirements, justifying efficient and effective coverage.
- Develop and execute test designs and test cases for verification and validation of systems functionality through manual and automated tests.
- Develop automated tests and implement automated functional and system testing based upon manual test procedures and end-user workflows.
- Work with development teams to resolve issues spanning one or more products.
- Report on test status and outcomes.
- Collaborate with international, multi-site development teams in a SAFe Agile development environment.
- Comply with documented Siemens development processes.
- Participate in resolution of field issues in existing products.
- Participate in Peer Reviews.
- Some opportunity for US or European travel (~5%).
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a computer science discipline is preferred, or successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of capabilities as presented here. Certification may be required in some areas, where job assignments are deemed necessary.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in global SAFe Agile development environment.
- Solid experience with test plan management tools (such as Jazz, Quality Center, Jira, Mantis).
- Solid experience with risk based and exploratory testing.
- Solid knowledge of modern operating systems.
- Good ability to leverage any work environment: at home, onsite and essentially anywhere.
- Good working knowledge and experience with multiple industry-standard testing methodologies.
- Good knowledge and experience in at least one test automation technology and/or platform (such as Selenium, Ranorex, QTP, Jasmine, Microsoft, Google).
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies, platforms and concepts.
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies including network diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills. Be able to inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major system issues (Wireshark).
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and supporting technologies.
- Familiarity with Cloud development and testing concepts and supporting technologies.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.