As part of Manufacturing Engineering’s fast-paced and dynamic environment, your primary focus is on the factory, providing excellent test solutions, on time, and helping to drive on-going productivity improvements for the business. You will support and inspire the manufacturing teams that deliver outstanding products for our Customers. Most importantly, you share the Siemens values with everyone in your team and the business.
You will design, deploy, and support electrical/electronic product function test systems in our manufacturing facility. Working within the Manufacturing Engineering department as a member of the Test Engineering team, you will develop and support automated test solutions for our range of Variable Speed Drive products and associated control and options modules. You will need to work to challenging deadlines on New Product Introduction, and drive for continuous improvement of existing test solutions. You will work closely with R&D colleagues in Agile product development of new test solutions, and work closely with manufacturing ensuring that your test hardware and software gives maximum productivity and minimum down-time. You will act as a technical mentor to junior Test Engineers, the Maintenance Technician team, and other manufacturing personnel.
• Hold a bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably Electrical, Electronic, or Software. A HNC, BTEC, HND, or substantial experience may also be considered.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Working knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuitry.
• Demonstrated experience in design of hardware and/or software within a manufacturing environment.
• Capability to write software, ideally with exposure to C or C++. But other modern languages will also be considered.
• Ability to write clean, neat, well maintained, and documented software.
• Experience of software controlled electrical test instrumentation/automation.
• Understanding of Electrical Schematics.
Ideally you will also:
• Have knowledge of Electrical Product Function Test principles and practices.
• Have experience with version control software, preferably Git
• Have demonstratable knowledge of CI practises for automated testing & static/dynamic analysis.
• Have experience writing software unit and integration tests.
• Have experience of diagnosis and fault finding on electrical systems.
• Have experience programming of PLCs preferably using Siemens TIA portal
You are a self-motivated problem solver and critical thinker that always strives for the best engineering solution. You are autonomous with the ability to take a challenge and break it down into logical chunks in a methodical way, whether it be at the project or task level; no challenge is too big for you. You communicate effectively and efficiently – speaking in the “nitty-gritty” engineering detail when problem solving, but conversely can keep things top level when discussing initial concepts or presenting to management. You can manage your time effectively with the ability to multi-task across projects to achieve the requirements of the factory. You’re able to provide good estimates for the time to compete tasks – although we understand this is Engineering and we constantly deal with the unknown. You are aware of your expertise and weaknesses and are not afraid to admit which is which. You have a growth mindset – you’re always striving to be the best you can be, and want the same for others; you are always learning, and sharing your knowledge. “We not I” – you are a team player in every sense and take ownership of your work. When crisis strikes you keep your cool, even under pressure; your initial reaction is to work together to solve the problem. You’re willing to work flexibly, with occasional support outside normal office hours.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time