We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join our Siemens Mobility Procurement team in Poole, Dorset. This is a fixed term contract opportunity for 12 months.
Reporting to the Head of Operational Procurement, you will play a key role in the sourcing and supply of direct materials at a Senior Buyer level with responsibility of some subordinate commodities.
You will understand commodity management and have previous experience in working preferably in a manufacturing or project environment.
This is your role
- Develop and implement strategic sourcing decisions for direct material that deliver against the core goals of the business
- Continuous supplier communication and relationship building to ensure on time supply of components
- Management supplier open order, expedite where required and report Supplier on time delivery performance
- Communication with global supplier base that aligns with the strategy goals of the ITS business
- Work closely with cross-functions to increase value to the business
- Run sourcing events as part of the strategy including e-bids and e-auctions
- Lead negotiations with selected key suppliers
- Identify new opportunities or new process methods to enhance Operational Procurement
- Setup and support the creation of agreements within SAP with long term pricing structures
- Balancing and achieving against the focus of delivery, cost, and quality
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- Previous experience in a similar role within Supply Chain and Procurement
- Previous experience within a manufacturing or project environment is preferred
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Highly organised to manage demands from a large internal network
- Innovative mindset that enjoys adapting to an ever-changing landscape
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding of SAP or similar platform
- Apply and build upon the Siemens culture
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time