Siemens Managed Services are looking for a Service Manager to join our IT department. As part of the IT Management Team, you will be responsible for co-coordinating and managing the delivery of all Operational services, including services provided by 3rd parties and cloud provider to committed Service Level Agreements [SLAs].
You will lead the entire service delivery model across IT. This includes management of our people, tools and processes that provide the services both internally and via third parties. Including the line management of a team of Service Professionals with the associated budgetary responsibility, and the oversight of all ITIL processes.
Our main office is in Nottingham, but this role can be based from anywhere in Great Britain, as the role can be home based with only occasional travel when required.
What part will you play?
- Establish a trusted, strategic advisor relationship with customers and work with them to establish critical goals and KPI’s. Understanding the customer’s requirements and challenges and build value by solving problems with a proactive and tenacious incident and resolution mindset
- Oversight of all ITIL processes required to deliver the service and governance of all internal and external customer relationships
- Effective service monitoring and review to ensure that appropriate services and service levels are delivered, and appropriate service improvements provided
- Produce regular service reports and review with key stakeholders and customers
- Deliver effective Root Cause Analysis and ensure a Continuous Service Improvement Plan (CSIP) is in place
- Ownership of Configuration Management and the governance of Configuration processes and the Hardware and Software Asset Management requirements pertaining to Configuration Management
- Management of the resource planning in relation to project to production activity
- Regular cost and service benchmarking
- Support Third Party contact negotiation and actively manage Third Party contracts
- Ownership and management of strategic IS Service Operation risks and audits, interfacing with IS personnel to ensure risks are reviewed and actioned and audit actions are completed within agreed timescales
What will you bring to the role?
- Good understanding of ITIL, service models and tools
- A comprehensive understanding of technical architecture, tools and methodologies
- Strong people, process and vendor management skills will be needed together with the ability to build service capability from scratch
- Management experience in ITIL Service Management including Service Design and Transition and Vendor Management
- Experience in CMDB Management and ITSM, Service topology and modelling and Service Delivery
- Experience of governance models such as COBIT
- Experience of project delivery models such as Prince 2
- Supplier contract negotiation and management experience
- Demonstratable experience building value for the customer and solving problems. Self-motivated, target oriented and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable experience of managing teams
- Excellent customer management. Highly energetic and highly trusted relationship builder
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html] or contact the recruiter.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, 26 days holiday allowance, competitive pension scheme and other flexible benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time