Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Siemens Canada Limited is a leader in the development of rugged communications networking solutions designed for mission critical applications in harsh environments. We are an innovative, rapidly growing company where you'll find an exciting, dynamic work environment and significant opportunity for personal growth.
We are seeking a highly skilled individual to fill the position of Network & Security Solutions Architect in the Services department. The position will be reporting directly to the Manager – Professional Services at Siemens’ facility located in Concord, Ontario.
- Act as a Subject Mater Expert (SME) of Siemens’ Industrial network and security products and solutions
- Create preliminary and detailed design documentations for complex Industrial network and security solutions
- Perform on-site activities including: Configuration, integration and testing of industrial network and security solutions.
- Perform system tests and produce reports as required.
- Optimize an existing network and stage network for factory and lab testing as needed.
- Develop training course curriculums, build training material and perform training activities as needed.
- Prepare and present detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and solution prototypes.
- Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
- Resolves very complex technical problems to meet customers' needs.
- Provide post and Pre-sales support for the Siemens’ industrial network and security solutions.
- Generates technical collateral such as application notes and whitepapers.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor of Science/Associate degree in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering/computer science or equivalent technical degree
- 1-3 year experience in designing and deploying network and security architectures preferably in Industrial Control Systems (ICS) involving multiple vendors and technologies
- Possess strong technical skills and ability to think outside-of-the-box to address the most complex applications.
- Technical Skills Required
- Network design within IT and Automation platforms. (Topologies, Rings, Routing, VLAN, VRRP).
- WLAN design under IEEE 802.11 and knowledge in Rapid Roaming, IPCF, IPCF-MC.
- Networking analysis knowledge and proficiencies in Wireshark, SNMP, NMap, and Wireless Site Surveys
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Virtualized environments
- Experience working with Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW)
- Prior automation/networking experience and use of protocols in SCADA an Industrial applications
- Networking Certifications such as CCNP or Siemens certifications.
- Cybersecurity Certifications is a plus.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, VISIO, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, along with strong oral and written skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to accommodate for 50 % or more of Travel schedule internationally worldwide on short notice. (Average of one to two weeks trips). (Pending Government Regulations)
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Canada, and able to travel to the USA and internationally on short notice
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.