Are you ready to take your career as a Security System Specialist to the next level and grow with Siemens?
Siemens Government Technologies is seeking a qualified candidate with a current Top Secret or Q Level Clearance to provide access control and vulnerability support for network security in support of a long term and progressive government customer.
As a Site Lead Specialist you will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting enterprise level access control, and video system and database applications. This individual should enjoy planning, organizing, directing, controlling and implementing application-related projects, upgrades, system migrations and commissioning as these are a vital part of the role.
- Manage and monitor various access control security systems and support the assessment of system controls, including validation of compliance of user and administrator access to information systems
- Service, support and maintain all current and new equipment related to the Access Control System and Safeguards Alarm Monitoring System. The list of equipment includes, but not limited to, servers, workstations, card readers, hand geometry readers, network infrastructure equipment, iStar panels, power supplies, components, equipment, printers (report and badge), digital video recorders, network video recorders, analog camera and IP cameras
- Resolve complex system issues for physical security systems and networks
- Remediate all vulnerabilities defined by scans and update or reconfigure system
- Manages and deploy patches to C-Cure systems and provide Informational Reports to the customer
- Coordinate the current sites to test and verify application functionality
- Maintain an inventory of hardware spare parts and recommend to the customer the hardware that needs to be purchased
- Provide and maintain and inventory list of software on the enterprise C-Cure system and the applicable SSAs that are needed
- Develop a communication plan to deploy the patches to the production systems
- Test and verify application functionally of production systems
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance to ensure any issues are detected early and resolved before the equipment fails
- Perform root cause analysis and strive for continuous improvement, making recommendations to customer
- Support multiple locations in the Pittsburgh area, but will mainly be onsite at one dedicated facility
- Current Top Secret or Q Level Clearance is preferred
- Applications without a current TS or Q Level Clearance will be considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience in lieu of education will be considered
- Minimum five (5) years of experience programming and administrating networked security systems, preferably Access Control Systems
- Experience with networking and Access Control system administration where performing triage on system problems where one of your main duties
- Training or experience in multiple technical topics (i.e., database/system administration, software programming, network administration, etc.)
- Familiarity with network concepts associated with firewalls, routers, load balancing, and network segmentation
- Knowledge of database technologies, including SQL Server
- Knowledge and understanding of leadership fundamentals
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and perform in a timely and accurate fashion
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Ability to perform inspection of work and know the status of all work
- Possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Software House C-CURE9000 Access Control System Certification at the Advanced Integrator level is required. Enterpise certification is preferred
- American Dynamics Victor VMS certification required
Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.