At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens Industry Software, headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, is the leading partner in test and
mechatronic simulation. Through our simulation software, testing systems and engineering services we
enable advanced manufacturing companies to get better products to market faster and turn superior
process efficiency into key competitive advantages. We tackle the challenges associated with intelligent
system design with a strong passion for innovation and a continuous drive for excellence. Our Romania
based offices play a critical role in our R&D software strategy.
As Software Development Engineer C++, you will be involved in the further extension and improvements of our products.
Please note this is a temporary 1-year position with possibility of extension.
Function description (roles / accountabilities):
As part of the SIM 3D Acoustics team, you will work on software development for Simcenter 3D Acoustics.
· Analysis & design, starting from functional specifications;
· Development and optimization of code implementation of numerical algorithms for existing and new
· Coding and testing, including development of unit test routines or automatic test applications;
· Writing documentation for the developed code;
· Integration testing and bug-fixing.
Educational Level: Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics/Physics;
• 1 – 3 years of relevant experience;
Specific technical competencies:
• Proven skills in C++, OO development methodology;
• Basic linear algebra (matrix, inverse of a matrix, vectors, operations etc.);
• Knowledge about Agile;
• Automated testing experience;
• Source control (at least Git);
Languages: good knowledge of English (both written and spoken);
Specific personal competencies:
• Outspoken, concise type of communication;
• Goal oriented;
• Ability to work in a team;
• Flexibility on task switching/workload based on priority;
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time