Please note this position will be based in Kingston.
Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Complete equipment installation and panel programming
- Complete verification and system readings ensuring an optimal system operation
- Act as Siemens representative on construction sites and work in close collaboration with the various partners on the sites such as contractors, subcontractors and customers.
- Work towards the project schedule and work package received from the supervisor and/or project manager and maintains regular communication on the status and execution of the projects assigned
- Participate in the Installation to Service handovers on assigned jobs
- Assist service department with customer service calls and complete annual and monthly inspections as required.
- Required to participate in the 24hr on-call rotation
- Complete and submit written service reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity; Ensure that all site files are kept up to date for each contract
- Represent the company at the customer sites professionally at all times
- Make recommendations for improvement or system change
- Work closely with other teams to maintain customer satisfaction and quality assurance procedures
- Adhere to the Health and Safety at Work Act at all times: Ensure all damaged or faulty equipment is immediately returned to the warehouse with the appropriate documentation; Ensure that all test equipment and tools issued by the Company are maintained in good condition kept secure and tested.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum College Education in Electronics
- Minimum 3 -5 years’ experience in service and maintenance of Fire Alarm systems
- Valid CFAA (Canadian Fire Alarm Association) certification
- Proven diagnostic skills – able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems
- Knowledge of IP Networks, C-Cure systems and MS-Office
- Customer focused and good customer relationship building and management skills
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure
- Good understanding of Building and Fire codes
- Good communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Be available to work flexible hours and to work overtime as needed.
- Preferred - Experience with Siemens Fire Alarm systems
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.