Digitalisation Graduate Internship (8 months)
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical technology, we’re offering an ambitious graduate the chance to join Siemens Healthineers and help shape the future of healthcare. Starting in April 2021, this 8-month internship will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to start your finance and commercial career.
This position will give you an overview of the IT, Finance and Manufacturing functions within Siemens Healthineers. You will be given the chance to take responsibility for your own projects which will provide you with exposure to senior management and the wider organisation, including our headquarters located in USA.
· Learn and develop digitalisation skills, with particular focus on Intelligent Automation (AI, Robotics), Business Intelligence (PowerBI) and Advanced Analytics.· Assess the landscape of IT/digitalisation tools available in Siemens Healthineers
· Develop a modular concept based on the available tools
· Design and implement solutions/improvements to processes identified as critical
· Expand the solutions/improvements horizontally and vertically
· Examples of processes can be:
o Dashboards to present key financial/operational data to senior management
o Improve existing reports and processes within Performance Controlling
Qualifications and experience:
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for digitalisation
- Interest in Finance and Operations, willing to develop business acumen
- Strong analytical skills and systemic thinking
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Flexible, resilient, can overcome obstacles, and learn from mistakes
- Confident in working independently and take ownership of challenges and ideas
- Bring curiosity and the ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances
You must have:
- Successfully graduated with a 2:1 or higher degree or currently working on a Master or Doctorate degree in a Computer Science, Data Analytics, Maths, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, analytical or business-related discipline
- Work experience through prior internship or placement year would be beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills e.g. creating pivot tables, macros
- Experience with Big Data and drawing valuable insights from large volumes of data
- A competitive internship salary
- 26 days annual holiday
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to gym memberships
- Generous pension contributions
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives and you will join a diverse network of graduate and early career professionals.
About Siemens Healthineers:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
To find out more about the specific Laboratory Diagnostics business in Sudbury, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/point-of-care-testing
Being part of our team:
Our success comes from our people – we are around 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries who are passionate about innovating the future of healthcare. You can also learn more about our people and principles, please see here.
Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and due to a high number of applications expected, we may close the vacancy early. We therefore recommend that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time