Siemens General Motion Control business (GMC) has a clear target to be undisputed number one in our market and we are well on the way to achieving this. Crucial to ensuring continued success is providing our customers with a comprehensive product portfolio that meets their needs. Our R&D departments around the world are focused in helping to achieve this through, our innovation, fast time to market and most importantly our people and culture.
At Siemens GMC Congleton, we design and manufacture AC electronics motor controllers known as drives, with a power range from a few hundred Watts up to 10s of Kilowatts and voltage ranges of 200-690V. These products not only help our customers better control and digitalise their machines, they can also help improve their carbon footprint.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Innovation Engineer- Power Electronics Engineer within our Congleton R&D department. The successful person will work as part of an international pre-development team with the responsibility to research and develop the latest range of power electronic technologies and ideas which can ultimately be integrated into future products
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person who is passionate about innovation and power electronics; natural curiosity to seek out new ways of doing things; can think creatively and not afraid to try new ideas even if they may be unsuccessful and continuously open to learning and growing as a person.
As a minimum you should hold an electrical and electronics degree or equivalent and be able to demonstrate your passion for power electronics. Being able to show your capability to learn, diversity of thinking and an excellent work ethic, including working in international teams are extremely important to be successful in this role
Key skills could include:
• Design of novel innovated power electronics technologies which can bring benefits for example in technical performance or new cost benchmarks
• Driving topics in power electronics/ assembly and construction techniques and being a thought leader
• Networking with universities; UK technical institutes to leverage knowledge and experience
• Design, prototype and test ideas using both simulations and prototypes in a fast and agile way
• Track record of innovation, diverse thinking and creative problem solving
• Early adoption of new technologies and methodologies to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
• Hands-on design prototyping and debugging
• Product verification testing and applying international standards
• Knowledge and experience of designing for EMC/ESD
• Digital modelling of Power Electronics
• Being curious and want to continuously learn, gain new experiences and apply knowledge
• Quality focused with an excellent attention to detail. Capable of working to aggressive timescales, you will be flexible and adaptable
• Excellent collaborator and team working, with the ability to work with multi-site international teams
• Show initiative, organise your work, take ownership of your tasks
• Capability to challenge the status quo and sell your ideas to others
• Not being afraid to fail, but will learn from the experience and try again
• Due to the international team set up there will be a require for occasional travel for workshops
• Knowledge of German would be a bonus but is not essential.
This role could suit a recent graduate or PhD or someone with extensive experience, that is looking for a new challenge.
If you think you have the capabilities to succeed and believe you can make a real difference to our business and customers, please apply.
If we all thought the same, we would never
think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds.
Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered
with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion
focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible
format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with
you. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to
participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section
here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html] or contact