What part will you play?
- You own, design, develop, innovate and govern the software/system architecture of multiple major software subsystems to support the overall product line architecture of Siemens’ HMI systems
- You clearly understand business goals, system requirements and trace to architecture and designs. You understand the needs of our partners and can explain a complex architecture to senior management, esp. in steering committees. You are encouraged to negotiate on requirements to cope with ambiguity on a business-aware technical basis
- Also, be responsible for the needed processes and infrastructure for software life-cycle, including quality improvement studies starting from coding guidelines, review process, tools, build environment to architectural governance
- You collaborate with local and remote software teams on system architecture, component architecture, design, and feature development with a collaborative and agile approach
- Pay special attention to continuous development of yourself and your colleagues, so that you are motivated to keep pace with the fast innovation cycles
- Actively contribute to our innovative concepts and strategy, with a focus on advising and supporting management with regard to internal or external modern technologies
- Lead the delivery of high-quality, reusable, well-documented, modular, and extensible common components
- The basis of your success is a technical degree or equivalent
- You have many years of experience in the area of system architecture, SW architecture, or related topics
- You have in-depth knowledge in the domains of automation, especially in SIMATIC portfolio (IO, PLC and visualization systems)
- You have already worked in globally distributed development environments and understand the impact of this development environment on the architecture
- You have a deep understanding of system security and have the skills to govern end-to-end security of products and solutions
- For our international business, German and proficient English skills are a requirement.
Different ways of thinking bring forth new insights. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. At Siemens, we believe that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working conditions to enable agile working and innovation.
In addition to exciting work opportunities, we offer a wide range of benefits and place particular emphasis on a healthy work-life balance. Continuous learning and development of our employees is important to us - we believe this is key to our success.
www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds - if you would like to find out more about Digital Minds at Siemens.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time