Calling all Fire and Security Technical Consultants!
Join us as a Technical Support Consultant for Fire & Security Systems & Services providing support and training on fire & security products to our branch engineering and operational teams.
This opportunity will primarily be office-based and would be an ideal career move for those with a technical engineering / electrical background looking for a change into a more internally customer focused opportunity providing training on our portfolio and supporting the team with technical queries.
Change the future with us.
Getting involved in product testing, maintaining internal records of technical support activity, and staying ahead of new technologies/products, and best practice will be key. Other responsibilities will include:
- Providing Technical Support to the Engineering Teams remotely and on site.
- Providing market and technical feedback to internal teams. Maintaining & updating of existing training course material, and development of new training material.
- Actively sharing knowledge and information (e.g. via Extranet, FAQs, and other means). Handling internal server files for technical documents.
- Reporting technical issues back to HQ hotline and actively control known technical issues.
- You will support the sales process from early engagement with the sales and small works teams right through to recommending and agreeing technical solutions with the design engineers.
- Becoming the portfolio owner and go-to person for SSP Fire products
- Pursuing product problems with HQ/supplier carrying out investigations as necessary, and maintaining the necessary product history
- Working closely with HQ/suppliers for product developments
- Testing new products in the office and on test sites in conjunction with HQ/supplier
- Supporting the sales team with product and customised demonstrations as well as presentations to promote the use of the SSP Fire products
Future thinker? Read on
We are looking for a technical background with experience of delivering training courses and providing technical support to an internal team is needed. Having the confidence to train on these services and solutions is pivotal to this role as well.
- Experience of fire & security systems and services with the ability to communicate with and train internal partners at different levels.
- Experience of training on and knowledge of fire products & systems is important.
- Experience of taking a logical and organised approach to fault-finding.
- Experience of previous Technical Support roles and/or commissioning of large integrated solutions
- Ability to understand technical products and systems.
Location & Travel
Location is flexible, we are happy to consider those who are based in and around Manchester or Frimley. You would be expected to deliver training in Frimley about once a week and in Manchester on average once a quarter. Providing support will take place mainly over the phone or by email unless the issue is complex and requires your presence which may require further travel to other sites in the UK.
A little about our Manchester and Frimley offices
Wherever you are based, you'll be well looked after with the range of facilities both sites have to offer. Manchester is a large Siemens site which provides free parking a large canteen. Our Frimley offices are the Siemens HQ offices where you will have free access to an onsite gym, free parking, a canteen and Starbucks coffee shop.
What else do I need to know?
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Holdings plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time