Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Test Automation Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Test Automation intern, you will be responsible for:
This position is with the System Test Engineering Team and focuses on development of
automation tests for the system requirements/functionality.
Under the supervision of your
functional manager and test engineering mentors you will support test
automation development activities including the following:
- Gain understanding of the PET/CT scanner, how it works, and understand the system functionality
- Work with development and system test teams to understand the requirements/functionality to create automated tests
- Develop and maintain the automation Test suite for Scanner products
- Execute automation tests and provide feedback to the stakeholders
- Submit defect reports and validate defect solutions
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience:
- A genuine passion for software development demonstrated through past projects
- Knowledge of a few programming languages including C#, Python
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing, modifying, testing and debugging test automation software
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Must be local to the Knoxville, TN office (50 miles or less); no relocation/housing stipend will be offered for this position
- Must feel comfortable going onsite into office and follow site COVID-19 protocol.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor program (rising senior) majoring in an engineering discipline
- Must be available to work full-time (up to 40 hours/week) during summer 2021
Start date: May 2021; 3-month duration.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.