This role is focused on helping drive awareness of Siemens Digital Industries Software with an emphasis on key industry solutions through earned coverage in trade, business and IT press, as well as social media. Responsibilities and tasks may include, but are not limited to, developing strategic communications plans, drafting press content and announcements, engaging with the media, , scheduling and managing interviews, crafting social media content, serving as a company spokesperson and working across Siemens and our ecosystem to find stories and identify opportunities to tell these stories to new audiences.Essential Functions:
- Own the development and execution of multi-channel communications programs that positioning Siemens Digital Industries Software as an industry and thought leader in select industry segments
- Monitor key industries for trends and media opportunities to drive proactive content creation and communications programs
- Support product and industry teams with communications strategies and PR programs; includes identifying and engaging with targeted media and influencers
- Become the “go to” expert on the communications team for select industries and product segments
- Coordinate with product marketing, industry marketing, global execution and other key internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with Siemens Digital Industries, Siemens AG, Regional Country communicators and spokespersons
- Track and report coverage and results against KPIs
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail to anticipate stakeholder needs and develop and discuss potential solutions.
- Serve as a communications advisor, initiating and leading open conversations with teams, and key stakeholders to build trust.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- An understanding of Public Relations functions and key skills including media relations, content creation and social media
- communication skills with English fluency
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external cross-functional groups
- Ability to work with technical subject matter experts to extract the business value of a product or service and communicate it to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to effectively navigate and leverage a large and complex organizational structure to maximize efficiency
Education and Experience Requirement:
- 4+ years Public Relations, Media Relations or Marketing Communications experience
- B2B Software Industry experience preferred
- Experience working with and understanding one or more of the following industries is a plus: PLM, Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM), Electronic Design Automation (EDA), Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Industrial Machinery, Consumer Packaged Goods, Electronics & Semiconductors.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- May require up to 15% travel.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.