At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsCompany: SISW - Siemens EDA
Job Title: Commodity Manager- SISW- EDA- 240008Job Location: United States, Fremont, California
Job Category: General ManagementResponsibilities Include
- Develop a commodity strategy and technology roadmap that aligns technology and business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Work closely with Engineering to influence design decisions to meet technical capabilities, and business objectives.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
- Develop commodity sourcing strategy including contract negotiation, cost targets, supply chain risk evaluation and mitigation.
- Negotiate global spend and cost reduction for key commodity items.
- Continually identify and implement new opportunities for cost savings and avoidance, and proactively track the progress.
- Implement programs for supplier evaluation, selection, qualification and supply base optimization.
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements.
- Advise management on alternate global supply sources, component material costs, commodity pricing trends, and supply/demand situations that could impact the business.
- Monitor current commodity market conditions to identify challenges and develop supply continuity plan..
- BS or BA degree from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Procurement and Commodity Management.
- Knowledge of electronic commodities and high tech industry.
- Experience in PCB, interconnect and power components highly desirable.
- Experience in vendor management process and working with contract manufacturers
- Proven procurement experience, project management skills, and capable to work with cross functional teams.
- Background working with PDM tools (Arena or Agile) and ERP systems
- Must be detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, customer focused, and adaptable to business needs
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.