Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
As Technical Manager for Sub-system ATC in CBTC Projects you will be responsible for:
Responsibility for the technical management of mass transit roll-outs of Engineering activities in ATC for CBTC Systems as part of large-scale railway infrastructure projects within time, budget and quality framework: Ensuring economic success and (internal) customer satisfaction for ATC domain in CBTC application projects.
Carrying the responsibility for the application scope, both technical and commercial. Representation of the application scope within the project towards the PM and customer, whilst reporting to the line management (group lead).
Application planning, controlling and reporting:
For ATC scope in CBTC projects determination of the comprehensive project objectives from the Project Management and provided documents. Preparation of the project planning and the required project documents. Ensuring compliance with defined procedures/processes for project controlling and reporting.
Coordination of the complex application implementation with international partners. Ensuring that the application goals defined with the technical management, project management and all project participants are achieved.
Exploration of further business opportunities:
Identification and exploitation of additional business opportunities during project implementation, e.g. identifying Change Requests or extending the scope towards generic application work packages.
Technical leadership of the CBTC Application team including staff resource planning and coordination with the organizational units involved. Managing following team setup:
- Design, Interface, and Engineering Input clarification with customer and rolling stock supplier
- Interfacing/Clarification with overall System Manager for ATC Engineering and independent safety assessor
- Scope clarification, Design/Engineering planning and resource allocation of Software and hardware engineering
- Evaluation of customer, rolling stock and internal requirements towards establishing suitable project specific solution and requirements engineering/compliance
- Have performed hands on design engineering activities for Hardware & Software engineering for wayside and onboard ATC CBTC subsystem and system engineering toward evaluation of operational scenarios, requirements, and interfaces.
- Detailed knowhow on onboard CBTC ATC interface with rolling stock including mounting information for components like Cabinets, Antenna and Speed sensors
- Preparation of detailed design documentation and Safety Application Rules (SAR) evidence report
- Understanding of other subsystem like Interlocking, ATS, Communication and Diagnostic Systems
- Knowledge on Test Management and Validation
- Supporting installation and tests activities/teams onsite
- Responsible for quality, cost and schedule
- Detailed knowledge of CBTC systems
- Knowledge of Projects Support functions (RM/DM/CM) and Quality Management
- Knowledge of Project Management principles towards planning, scheduling and budget controlling.
This role for technical management involves focus on
engineering activities with 80% efforts and also management of
team/cost/schedule approximately 20% efforts.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Degree in electrical engineering or systems engineering preferably with railway specific specialization
· Professional experience of minimum 5 years in railway transportation systems with the focus on (System) Engineering Design in ATC subsystem for CBTC domain
· Performed hands on design engineering activities for Hardware & Software engineering for wayside and onboard ATC CBTC subsystem besides evaluation of operational scenarios, requirements, and interfaces.
· Knowledge of project management principles for project realization and Project executions covering activities like customer interfacing, scope clarification, Design/Engineering planning and resource allocation
· Fluent English essential both written and oral, knowledge of German is an asset
· Independent and structured approach to work
· Team leadership and mediation skills between teams
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time