Company: SISW -
Job Title: Systems Administrator - Citrix – SISW - EDA - 239992
Job Location: OR, WA, TX, MA, AZ, MI, AL, NY
Job Category: Information Technology
Do you enjoy solving problems and have a passion for building high availability systems and administration? Do you have experience in a medium scale data center environment? Siemens EDA is seeking a Citrix NetScaler Systems Administrator to join our Systems Engineering team to help manage our critical business systems data center.
Daily duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Maintenance of various components associated with the Citrix environment which includes, but is not limited to, Published Applications, Profile Management, Provisioning Services, Load Balancing, Redirect/Forwarding, VM Management and Group Policy
- Work effectively as a team member in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Respond to, identify, isolate and resolve issues related to the Citrix environment
- Assist in the analyzing, tuning and configuring of Citrix environment to perform optimally
- Manage guest Operating Systems including resource allocation, patching, and user management
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Respond to all inquiries, incidents and projects in a timely manner meeting customer SLA
- 5+ years professional experience in an enterprise level distributed data center environment utilizing a variety of technologies and operating systems including Citrix NetScaler, SAN, NAS, SUSE Linux, Solaris, Windows Server, VMware, MS SQL and Oracle
- 2+ years professional experience working as a Citrix or Systems Administrator in an enterprise data center environment
- Experience in building, troubleshooting and maintaining Citrix NetScaler and/or other web load balancing solutions (NSX, F5, A10, etc)
- Gather business and technical requirements necessary for the design, development and implementation of enterprise application delivery and load balancing solutions
- Working knowledge of web load balancing features (i.e., application firewall, load balancing, etc.)
- Provide Operating System administration for, but not limited to Linux and Windows Server guests including guest OS builds, template creation and deployment, and VM cloning
- Knowledge of backup and recovery best practices
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery best practices
- Strong automation/scripting expertise (i.e., PowerShell, Ansible, Python)
- Experience with the configuration and management of NAS related technologies and file systems
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, LDAP, DNS and other networking protocols
- Proven experience supporting and communicating effectively with end users and internal customers
- System tuning and capacity planning activities geared towards meeting specified service levels
- Strong knowledge of systems administration and best practices
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware, Docker, etc.
- A team player with good verbal and written communication skills
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Highly organized with solid documentation skills and consultative experience and skills
- Able to work in high-profile, potentially stressful customer environments
- Able to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements
- Able to deliver small projects with minimal oversight and direction
- Able work as a member of a team on large projects taking direction from a project manager and/or lead architect
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) and/or Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator (CCEA) certification (desired but not required)
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.