Location: 100% Remote
Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment
with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally
and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as Polarion SME for ALM and PLM Applications to focus on key future technologies used for development of Siemens Healthineers products and to support the Siemens Healthineers R&D organizations with tools and product related Infrastructure and Application consulting.
As Polarion SME, you will support, configure and maintain Polarion (front and back end) as the central Requirements Engineering tool utilized within the SHS R&D organizations.
The Application LifeCycle Management (ALM) team within Siemens Healthineers IT is responsible for providing R&D organizations with a state-of the-art platform of services for Product/Application LifeCycle Management needs. ALM is continuously enhancing their service portfolio, strategies, and technologies across Siemens Healthineers, supporting more than 10,000 Product engineers.
· Responsible for understanding Requirements engineering business needs and identifying how best to meet those needs. This includes closely working with business and technology areas to support with its service delivery.
· Consults and supports the implementation of new or changed services for increased business productivity, including the discussion, analysis and acceptance of demand and supporting the planning for the development and implementation of service changes
· Provide End to End application Support, Maintenance & Enhancement as the central Requirements Engineering tool utilized within the SHS R&D organizations (front and back end)
Polarion SME Key Responsibilities:
· Works with Stakeholders to define business solutions, ensuring alignment with business strategies and priorities, as well as the target benefits expected.
· Ensure that relevant stakeholders are involved in specification of new services and/or major upgrades to existing services
· User training, development of how-to’s, and continuous service process improvements.
· Support customers with consulting regarding tool usage, features and functionality.
· Serves as a liaison between stakeholders, users and Polarion Service Teams
· Provisioning of 2nd Level support for ALM RE applications like Polarion and Caliber as well as for interfaces to other Enterprise Applications like Azure DevOps, TeamCenter, Quality Center, MagicDraw, etc.
· Conduct complex technical evaluation and suggest proposed physical architectures along with detailed design.
· Driving technical issues to resolution: from qualifying the issue, to reproducing it and conducting an in-depth technical investigation along with vendor for Level 3 support, as applicable (being in touch with the customer and managing their expectations all along the way).
· Support data migration from legacy Requirements engineering applications like Caliber, ReqPro to Polarion
· Ensures compliance to Quality, Information Security and Data Privacy regulations
· Represents the Polarion service across the organization
· Serve as point of escalation for issues related to the services provided
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS/MS in Information Technology, Business Informatics, Computer Science or related fields
· Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) processes (Requirement Management, Test Management, DevOps, etc) and tools.
· Excellent Knowledge of Polarion architecture and its components (Subversion / Apache / PostgreSQL / JRE, etc), including the enterprise setup in a clustered High available, multi-instance environment.
· Polarion ALM subject matter expert should be able to design, build, and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements
· Polarion tool integration with other peripheral tools like Azure DevOps, TeamCenter, Quality Center, MBSE etc.
· Experience in regulated Healthcare environment - Good knowledge of Quality, IT security and ITIL requirements
· 5-8 years of hands experience with Polarion ALM application Implementation, consulting and support.
· 5+ years of experience with Polarion in the following areas: Work item data model, work item and document workflows, documents & pages, plans & testing, queries, reports, projects, resource traceability, permissions, connectors to external systems/tools, subversion repository management.
· Intercultural Experience, Customer Orientation, and willingness to travel to customers at Siemens Healthineers sites
· Self-starter who drives pro-actively activities which are in own area of responsibility
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience with tiered-application architectures and client-server applications
· Experience with cloud/web/database components like Azure Services, Managed Databases, cloud native technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc)
· Experience working in a regulated industry (medical device, aerospace, financial, automotive, etc)
· Experience working based on a Lean / Agile / SaFe methodology is beneficial.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.