Senior Contract Manager – Cairo, Egypt
Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for an experienced Snr. Contract Manager to Join our Team at Siemens Mobility in Egypt.
This is an excellent career opportunity for Senior Professionals from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Our Snr. Contract Manager will support assigned project and protect the Company’s interests and integrity by taking the initiative and contributing proactively to master the contractual challenges, identifying contractual obligations, risks and opportunities, recommending business-oriented mitigations and/or alternative solutions.
In addition, she / he is responsible for analyzing and negotiating contracts and contract-related documents, with special focus on complex transactions and leading/coordinating/supporting internal processes and knowledge sharing in close cooperation with the Lead Contract Manager and Project Management
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Conduct/contribute to contract workshops (e.g. PACT, handover sales to execution, lessons learned)
- Ensure the observance of contractual requirements, rights and obligations towards customers, suppliers, and other partners as project management core team member
- Supporting project management in contract-related matters, e.g. change orders
- Contributing to the development and implementation of strategies for risk and opportunity management together with project
- Supporting the procurement manager in the drafting of appropriate contractual documents ensuring that major risks are passed on to sub-suppliers appropriately
- Implementing and regularly reviewing a claim strategy regarding customers, sub-suppliers and partners together with the project management
- Identifying, evaluating, and following up on all events relevant for incoming and outgoing claims
- Collecting, preparing, and managing relevant documents (incl. drafting of letters) and evidence in accordance with contractual deadlines and requirements
- Preparation of / participation in claim negotiations
- Contribute to reporting of claims to project management and business partners
- Support in arbitration/litigation and alternative dispute resolution proceedings
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Preferably, university degree in Law from reputable University or College.
- 7+ total work experience out of 5+ experience in contracts and claims management on the part of contracting organization.
- Work experience in large complex construction/civil engineering projects, preferably in rail business.
- Work experience in working with public customers
- Experience of working preferably in Egypt and multinational companies.
- Excellent knowledge of contract law and general standard contractual wording, experience of local legislation would be an advantage.
- Experience of risk appraisal and claims management for projects.
- Very good communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
- Capable of working in a multi-national and multi-cultural team.
- Being a team player.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time