At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
UX Technical Product Manager - Consultant
The position will be a Consultant Technical Product Manager reporting to the Director of User Experience in the Technology & Innovation team. The role is accountable for driving User Experience best practice and innovation across a global network of software product groups. Success will be measured by business results relating to User Experience KPI’s.
A successful candidate will have a solid background in User Experience as well as the software technologies used to deliver modern user experience across a range of devices and media coupled with effective program, process and interpersonal skills required to effectively lead and influence UX across a diverse mix of teams. Must be comfortable and proficient at collaborating across global teams internally and leading both technical and executive level interactions. A good understanding of the industry disciplines that Siemen Digital Industries Software provides solutions is preferred.
- Representing User Experience at all levels of the organization both internally and externally and from technical to executive level of depth and business value
- Owning and planning User Experience roadmap(s) aligned with business objectives
- Coordinating priorities and deliverables across multiple business segments with priority of achieving end-to-end business process enablement and driving customer business value and solution adoption
- Tracking business results and developing strategic visions for products and solutions
- Authoring white papers, blogs, positioning documents, supporting R&D with content/deliverables
- Preparing and delivering internal and customer facing presentations, including internal and industry conferences
- Developing and handling 3rd party technology and business partner negotiations and contract discussions with vendors, customers and third parties
- Representing User Experience strategies and plans to industry analysts
- Defining and prioritizing User Experience requirements and use cases against business objectives
- Conducting product architecture alignment with lead architects
- Joining project scrum-teams and acting as product owner (Agile methodology)
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience leading User Experience efforts in a complex environment
- Proven practitioner of UX with the ability to identify, comprehend and turn requirements into compelling experiences and document them effectively
- Deep knowledge of User Experience practices and their application in a complex software engineering organization.
- Deep understanding of modern software architectures relating to User Experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact across domain expertise boundaries, capable to support customer interaction
- Ability to engage and provide meaningful input into detailed product prioritization and process definition decisions
- Preferred location is US or UK based, ideally Waltham, MA, Milford, OH or Cambridge, UK, but other locations will be considered
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 15+ years’ experience leading User Experience efforts in a complex environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure and related tools
- Additional functional experience: Understanding the Customer, Agile Development, Requirements Analysis, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Business Plan and Strategy Development, People Management
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.