The SW Sales Portfolio Lead (SPL) is the entrepreneur for their assigned portfolio areas - Grid Edge. They leverage knowledge of both the local market and the product to develop and drive sales initiatives through all channels – both direct and indirect. They conduct activities conducive to their business both directly with customers, with resellers, as well as though others in the organization (e.g. account managers and internal Siemens channels).
The Digital Grid, Grid Edge SW consists of data-driven and cutting-edge digital technology portfolio elements in the areas of microgrid (SW product: DEOP) and energy efficiency for industries (SW product: EEA). All SW products are recent and in a phase of substantial growth on a global scale. The North American market is a key lever to support this growth and accelerate the business. As local entrepreneur, it is the Grid Edge SPL’s task to make this happen!Key responsibilities include:
- Develops and drives the execution of product-specific regional growth initiatives, campaigns, sales strategies, and account plans
- Proactively steers + supports local sales partners & channels. Constantly drives to increase partner sales and onboard new partners
- Maintains pipeline and sales KPIs / forecast
- Supports & catalyzes the local launch / roll-out of new offerings
- Customer presentations, offer creation and deal closure
- Establish and maintain deep relationships with customers in their region, also on C-level, as well as the various sales and solutions channels – both internal and external (e.g. with RAM, PSS, Advanta, industry distributors)
- Maintain transparency and ownership of the pipeline and forecast for their region – across all channels
- Maintain understanding of the local market for their region
- Engage in a mutually encouraging way with global sales and product management to ensure local sales activities fit into the bigger global picture and vice versa
- Can articulate and spread the key value proposition and knowledge of the product across their region, enabling and inspiring others around them
- Order Intake achievement for assigned portfolio area
- Rapid establishment and weekly update of pipeline and related reports
- Build and maintain customer relationships at critical accounts
- Develop and contribute energy consulting market proficiency supporting offerings/sales
- Experienced sales, business development manager with ability to learn core value propositions of software products
- Can persistently “think customer” and “customer value focus” in areas that are typically new to customers
- Has the ability to work in new environments in a “start-up”-like fashion
- Background and proven experience in Industry and Energy/Utility sectors including Renewable Developers, Energy Efficiency and Resiliency areas.
- Familiarity with ESCOs, Generation Developers, EPCs and End Customer Engagement.
- Shows proven leadership abilities around
- Proactively owning and focusing on growing order intake
- Forming & using positive relationships with an inspirational character
- Driving opportunities to closure
This position will require up to 40% national travel and can be located anywhere with access to a major airport
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.