Service Specialist – Smart Buildings / Automation – Level I
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Under general supervision, you will conduct preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning and general servicing of HVAC Automation Systems (including detailed troubleshooting). You will be responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interaction. Mentors mechanical technicians on building automation activities. You will also be responsible for properly completing required project and service documentation.
- Diagnose and repair electronic control system malfunctions.
- Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
- Communicate with customers upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
- Meet regularly with customers to become familiar with operating problems.
- Keep customers informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues, and recommend system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs.
- Promote the sale of add-on work.
- Manage assigned work to meet professional execution, time, and customer satisfaction standards.
- Report problems or changes to management immediately.
- Interface with Service Manager, Service Project Manager, and subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities in an ethical and professional manner.
- May provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations.
- Deliver manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs.
- Mentor and train mechanical workforce on building automation systems.
- Provide support to the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
- Compile job documentation, such as certificates of completion, customer training forms, training certificates and punch lists.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- 3–5 years’ experience installing and/or servicing electronic control and HVAC equipment
- Knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital control systems, and ability to test and write modifications to system software
- Must have experience in writing computer programs and software applications related to the HVAC industry
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low-voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols, such as BACNet, N2, Modbus, etc.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.