Cloud Portfolio Development Executive II
In recent years, Siemens has transformed itself into a company that is oriented around digital transformation. At Siemens Digital Industries Software, Mendix – the industry-leading low-code multi-experience platform (https://www.mendix.com/) and MindSphere® - the leading industrial IoT as a service solution (https://siemens.mindsphere.io/) are critical to help our customers achieve digital transformation. These are cloud native capabilities, built using modern micro-services-based architecture patterns and leverage containers to provide our customers flexible deployment options either in a SaaS mode or in their Private Cloud.
In addition, the Mendix platform will drive deep integration across the Siemens portfolio and enables anyone in the ecosystem, including citizen developers and engineers, to easily build, integrate and extend their existing data and systems to find new ways to leverage that data to deliver value to customers and partners.
Using advanced analytics and AI, MindSphere powers IoT solutions from the edge to the cloud with data from connected products, plants and systems to optimize operations, create better quality products and deploy new business models.
The Cloud Solutions Portfolio Development Executive (PDE) will be responsible for developing and executing the Americas go to market strategy for Mendix and MindSphere in the Aerospace Defense Federal and Marine (ADFM) industry.
As part of the America’s Zone Sales organization, the PDE must drive the pipeline creation and sales of assigned product domains by targeting accounts and industries where the products have a fit. The PDE must work closely with industry PDE’s, account teams, and partners to support the industry strategy.
To achieve success, a PDE will be responsible for and take on ownership of Cloud Solution campaigns, leveraging and collaborating with cross functional teams to maximize software opportunities. As a trusted partner with direct and indirect sales teams, this role will be at least 50% customer facing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to deﬁne business needs and develop value propositions and contribute to the generation of compelling proposals
- Own the research to support initiative business plan
- Ability to build a strategy and roadmap interacting with Senior Executives including C-Suite.
- Develop and articulate Trends-Implications-Possibilities-Solutions, create presentations, and deliver a demo through AVI
- Documented experience of owning and managing discovery phase with clients
- Ask challenging questions to understand/identify problem areas
- Clearly articulate “why Siemens?” in non-technical terms (then if required, at a more technical level)
- Deﬁne campaign/initiative success with ADFM Sales Leaders.
- Leverage sales plays to drive pipeline
- Develop business justiﬁcation, sales execution plan and revenue goals
- Complete understanding of campaign/initiative value proposition and presentation materials
- Present plan to America’s Zone MD and ADFM Business Unit Leader
- Drive campaign execution with Industry, Marketing and Sales
- Deliver sales enablement training of collateral as required
- Deliver campaign and initiative materials to prospects and customers as required
- Manage execution plan and report weekly progress
- Support closing process if required
- Must have 5 to 10 year of sales, business development or presales experience and strong, proven grasp of technology/solutions
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Prefer candidates be located in Washington DC or Los Angeles, CA.
- Must have some previous experience working in ADFM (Aerospace, Defense, Federal or Marine) industry.
- *BA/BS degree required.
- Ability to articulate end to end Digitalization message to the customer and ability to map in Siemens technology to the customer requirements and vision.
- Demonstrated capability to be the trusted advisor for the client within new or existing customers at various organizational levels
- Proven written and presentation development skills required, with strong skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint and Tableau
- An understanding of organizational management is critical
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Experience aligning with mid/upper level management and technical users
- Collaborate and drive results with diverse teams across multiple internal and external organizations
- Formal and informal networking across company
- Approximately 50% travel (Once covid is under control)
- Multi solution and multi industry experience a plus
- MBA Preferred
- Experience working with clients in IoT/IIoT and Industry 4.0 based solutions is a plus
- Experience with Cloud native technologies and SaaS sales motions
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.