Siemens Mobility is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least five years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects preferably in the State of Florida.
The successful candidate will be a part of an engineering team during project implementation and work towards meeting customer requirements and satisfaction. This role requires applying professional engineering best practices in ITS industry, communication skills, as well as a strong background in traffic and transportation engineering.
The role requires a track record of solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Software Engineering. M.S. degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in ITS industry
- Expertise in traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
- Outstanding technical, communication and interpersonal skills
- P.E. license holders are preferred
- Contribute to project specific technical system design and concepts of operations with R&D, Product Management, and other Engineering teams to meet and exceed customer requirements
- Assure that requirements are conveyed to partner suppliers. If a customization is required provide the specifications and any other input required and oversee the process of the development
- Actively deploy ITS solutions including controller, ATMS and Central software/databases, adaptive control solutions and connected vehicle (V2I) applications and related communication systems
- Configure roadside (RSU) and On-Board (OBU) units for CV deployment projects
- Responsible for the submission to the client of the proposed engineering solutions on time and according to the schedule
- Troubleshooting of ITS devices such as traffic signal controllers, detection devices including loops, microware, radar and video
- Contribute to ensuring that all technical phases from design to testing and handover of the overall project solution, including its related services are planned and completed in line with the internal and external requirements
- · Perform testing, configuration and commissioning services Provide guidance and technical problem analysis to the team members
- Develop training/development plans and conduct training
- Prepare presentations and arranges meetings with the client in order to explain the various parameters, provide technical clarifications and ultimately convince that it is the best fit-for-purpose solution
- Contribute to the requirements, configuration and change management
- Understand and manage regulating authorities’ and code requirements, as well as other industry-specific requirements, standards, and guidelines
- Identify the need for change and in coordination with the respective expert performs an initial assessment of its impact on time schedule and budget
- Manage engineering documentation, prepare manuals and procedures
- Identify change opportunities and risks
- Report on the progress of the activities under his supervision (technical functions, approval, customer acceptance)
- Act as a key expert and consultant to improve concepts, methods, and processes
- Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.