Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Data Analyst position is responsible for the accuracy of the data in the Learning Management System (LMS). You will be performing complex queries, and must be able to work effectively with databases. Additionally, you will be performing database tasks as assigned, creating and revising complex business processes, and writing and following test scripts for data changes.
- Maintain accuracy of all data in the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Perform complex reporting of the LMS data using SQL queries or a similar type of reporting tool
- Ability to work effectively with databases
- Verify employees are assigned correct job role(s) and training path(s)
- Perform database tasks as assigned
- Provide ADHOC LMS Training for new employees
- Create/Revise business aligned end-to-end LMS processes
- Create/Revise LMS documentation
- Develop and perform test scripts supporting LMS upgrades
- The Smart Infrastructure (SI) Academy LMS Data Analyst reports into the Director of SI Academy
- Monitor and identify potential conflicts with LMS employee data feed
- Validate employee data feed upon data change
- Review and Enter course descriptions in the LMS
- Assign job roles and training paths
- Create, run and distribute reports in SQL (or a similar reporting tool)
- Monitor, escalate and/or solve Help Desk requests
- Develop and perform test scripts for LMS
- Perform routine testing of LMS code and functionality
- Troubleshoot LMS issues
- Manage sales exemption process
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required
- Typically, 3-5 years of successful experience in a directly related field
- 2-5 years of database experience
- 5 years complex SQL (or equivalent) query experience
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- 2-5 years of experience developing and implementing database-related processes to align with business processes
- 2-5 years of experience with training users on software functionality
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.