Siemens is looking for a Senior Bid Manager, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan, in our SI Digital Grid Business Unit (Substation Automation Products and System)!
The Smart Infrastructure Division from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources.Want to know more?: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/smart-infrastructure.html
- Bids and Proposals including technical and commercial content such as contracts, technical data sheets, bids forms, commercial forms, legal forms, bid bonds, etc
- ensure that bids are successful and technically accurate securing profit and attractive terms and conditions. The successful candidate will become a leader in our proposal team driven by her/his depth customer requirements understanding
- crafting, coordinating and submitting detailed, driven, and persuasive offers from opportunity qualification till contract award, in collaboration with Sales, Business Development and the Project Execution departments.
- Standardization of proven concept and solutions to be replicated as function packages
- Guarantee close cooperation with Project Execution department to assure that proposal content (scope and delivery schedules) is aligned, and estimated costs associated with the scope of work are accurate and detailed
- Ensure strong collaboration with Sales Team during the complete sales cycle
- Develop and implement optimization and improvement strategies based on bid performance. Compile reports and statistics on bid performance, hit rate and market penetration. Register bid results in Offers & Orders database
- Receive orders, prepare order entry information for transferring to execution and contract management team. Participate in internal and/or external kickoff meetings as required to facilitate the smooth transfer of orders to execution team.
- Fulfilment of Siemens policies and guidelines, including cost/price and profit requirements, cash flow, contractual terms and conditions (LoA and Compliance requirements)
- Maintain and upgrade proposal templates, formats, standard technical contents, and pricing tools.
- Leadership and can-do demeanor passionate about learning, exploring, and growing
- Passionate about innovation, Industry 4.0, IoT and Digitalization Topics
- Customer orientation: Ability to anticipate and understand customer needs, be proactive and keep commitments
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Attention to detail with a strong focus on time and task management and ability to respond to multiple inquiries in parallel in a timely and professional manner
- Confirmed experience in a technical department such as Protection and/or Automation Engineering for electrical substation, bid management or technical consulting for Protection and/or substation Automation. Technical know-how on Control, Protection and RTU devices and their standard applications within Utility (Gen, TSO, DSO), Industry and/or Infrastructure markets.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Automation or Technical High School Diploma
- Good knowledge of Italian and English
- Strong orientation to reach targets, initiative, autonomy, great teammate and outstanding soft skills
- Attention to details and strong problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion, which helps us fully realize the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices (Smartworking) that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Siemens takes also care of it’s employees needs with Flexible Welfare Programs that can be extended to your family (Health Insurance, Shareholding Plans, Professional and Extraprofessional accident insurance).
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
NOTE: For the new GDPR we manage only online applications (in English) and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time