Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as the Collaboration (Contracts) Officer for the Point of Care Business.
Collaborations are strategic tools and an integral part of Siemens Healthineers’ business strategy. Collaborations are conducted and administered in a highly complex environment with regard to compliance, regulatory, tax and transfer pricing requirements and intellectual property rights.
The Collaboration Officer for the Point of Care (POC) Business is the central contact person regarding POC’s collaboration topics. You will define and own the process for the POC business for all collaborations covered by the Siemens Healthineers Directive and ensure that all collaborations are in compliance with the Directive and other applicable regulations. As well, you will be POC’s main contact for collaboration activities with healthcare organizations and providers. In carrying out these responsibilities, you will work closely with trained Collaboration Managers in POC as well as the company’s Legal and Compliance experts to assist and support any related activities not currently handled by the Collaboration Managers and troubleshoot issues that arise during the Manager’s execution of these activities.
As an independent contributor, you will be part of the Quality function, reporting to the Head of Clinical Affairs. As such, as workload permits, you will also be expected to support the Clinical function as described below.
This role is well-suited to an ambitious professional looking for the next career step. As the Collaboration Officer for the poc business, you will be responsible for:
- Independently managing contractual and compliance aspects for assigned collaborations and cooperating with functions heavily involved in collaboration activities (e.g., Clinical Affairs, Marketing, R&D, etc.)
- Carrying out and ensuring US/OUS collaboration activities, including Intercompany Agreements, follow processes for healthcare organizations and providers as defined in the applicable Siemens Healthineers Directive, while contributing to/implementing improvements within the Collaboration process
- Developing/executing project agreements in close collaboration with Siemens’ Legal team, assessing Fair Market Value for deliverables and services in conjunction with Compliance, and engaging other departments, as needed
- Preparing internal documents required to present projects for review and/or approval to Collaboration team and Collaboration Review Boards, including reporting noncompliance with the Directive if discovered to the CRB
- Ensuring that Collaboration Managers are adequately trained and for providing contract administration support, as needed, using an electronic contract archiving system to archive, monitor and maintain all contract-related documentation for assigned collaborations
- In support of the Clinical function, managing clinical studies, which may include protocol development/study design, CRF development, investigational product supply management, budget/contract negotiation and or regulatory document management
- In support of the Clinical function, conducting and/or assisting clinical teammates with on-site visits, including qualifications through close-outs; training clinical sites on implementation and conduct of study protocols
This position may suit you best if you
are proficient with the below skills and would like to develop your career within
- You have the ability to work independently in a self-motivated manner, effectively multitasking and prioritizing work, and following up with internal/external customers to ensure timely agreement execution
- You demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills, including proven capabilities in persuasion and negotiation
- You have the ability to rapidly comprehend and adjust to updated processes/tools and working environment
- You possess excellent team and networking skills, keeping in mind this position involves direct contact with all levels of POC’s organization, including executive management
- You have the ability to integrate functional expertise with business knowledge to develop optimal solutions for complex problems, including use of analytical and critical thinking
- You demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Teams
Experience and requirements for success in this role:
- BS/BA in related discipline with 8-10 years of successful experience in related field required; Advanced degree (e.g., JD) or equivalent combination of education and experience may potentially be substituted for required years of experience under certain circumstances
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments
- Served successfully as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced, as well as contribution to resolution of those issues
- Ability and willingness to travel, upon request (<5% domestically)
- Work Location: Norwood, MA (preferred) or Remote
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specifics before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now, or in the future, for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.