We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Product Manager for Distributed Energy Resources Management System (DERMS), to advance the growth of our business globally.
The Digital Grid Business Unit of Siemens is the one-stop supplier of sophisticated energy management technology across the entire energy conversion chain and makes it possible to adapt power grids to future demands, through modernization and capability enhancement. Our technology simplifies the control of power grids and ensures an economic, reliable, intelligent, highly available and efficient grid operation.
Digital Grid deliver market solutions that are scalable and compliant with industry standards for interoperability and security. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC. This position would not need to relocate.
- Driving Product management for DERMS: a software platform that is used to connect, schedule, aggregate and manage the operation of all types of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) within a power grid to deliver vital grid services, balance demand with supply and enable ancillary services.
- Setting the vision on how to evolve this platform as well as how to integrate it with other Siemens offerings across the following activity fields
- Acting as the vital link between technological innovations and commercial success.
- Leading internal teams to proactively gather relevant customer needs from internal and external stakeholders, with clear focus on customer centricity and UX
- Identifying new business opportunities, defined jointly with colleague’s new business models
- Leading agile teams of R&D, sales, and operational teams in defining the right product offering for our target markets
- Acting like an entrepreneur, driving new topics fast from idea generation to first implementation.
- Bachelors’ degree or diploma in engineering, computer science or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product management a proven track record to launch new products to the market.
- Minimum 5 years of Agile enterprise software experience, especially in cloud software and in the IoT space
- Experience in Energy market and current trends in the energy transition, including utility grid operation, distributed generation...
- You are inspirational leader experienced in building and managing high-performing international teams.
- You have experience working internationally for global markets and with global teams.
- You convince customers and management with your communication skills towards C-level
- Highly flexible, ability to execute well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization.
- You are flexible to travel 30%-40% of the time.
- Business travels in Europe, Asia and North America provides you with insights of our customer needs and existing obstacles to be solved.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.