The Financial Accountant plays a key role in interim auditor reviews and final audits of the financial statements, as well performing month end financial closings. We are looking for someone with a background in accounting/controlling/finance/auditing. This is an ideal role for candidates who are seeking to develop their career in Finance.
“We make real what matters”
Kirsty has an open position for an Financial Accountant in her small team of 4 members, all located in our offices in The Hague. She is a “Big Four” qualified accountant and has developed teams in a number of international locations. Kirsty is now seeking a new team member within her highly visible team.
Kirsty is the CFO of Siemens Financieringsmaatschappij N.V. & Siemens Finance B.V. (“SFM/SFB”) For more information about these two companies, please take a look at this link
- Performing monthly financial closings, including data analysis and control.
- Preparing interim and annual statutory financial reports.
- Supporting quarterly and annual audits of IFRS and statutory accounts, including preparing and providing supporting documents for auditors and acting as point of contact for auditor questions and requests.
- Carrying out daily treasury and accounting tasks e.g. booking deals, entering into FX transactions, cash pool management, posting accounting entries.
- Supporting local Risk and Internal Control processes.
The Financial Accountant works closely with SFM & SFB senior management team, as well as Siemens Netherlands’ tax and legal functions. Furthermore, the Financial Accountant works in close co-operation with auditors of SFM & SFB and with colleagues in the reporting teams in Munich.
- Bachelor or Academic degree in economics/accounting/finance
- Professional accounting qualification is preferred, but “qualified by experience” is also acceptable
- At least 5 years’ experience in Accounting/finance/audit function and proficiency in IFRS.
- Strong numeric and analytical skills, with close attention to detail.
- Ability to work under stress and with dedication to meeting deadlines.
- Strong decision-making skills and likes to work independently as well as within a team, and to take complete ownership of all given tasks.
- Effective communicator to a broad range of partners, eloquent and credible when dealing with people (verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English).
Appreciation, opportunities and possibilities are key parts of working at Siemens. We offer a fulltime job in an informal and professional environment. You’ll get a lot of space to complete your tasks at your own discretion. Furthermore, we offer:
- a good salary plus 13th month benefit
- 40 days of leave per year and Health budget of EUR 150 a year
- Participation in Siemens Share Program and JongSiemens
- Tailor made trainings and development opportunities
- Outstanding projects, dynamic environment
- You work for a strong international brand, stable and successful.
"We don’t need superheroes, but super minds”
Don’t wait any longer, just click on the Apply button. If you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruiter, please get in contact with Marianne van Ruyven, mobile: +31 6 10 20 43 60.
Screening and an online assessment are part of the application process
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer
Sector: Controlling and Finance
Bedrijf: Siemens Financieringsmaatschappij N.V.
Ervaringsniveau: Mid-level Professional
Soort baan: Fulltime