General Summary of the Job:
This role supports the Opportunity to Order function within the Siemens DI SW Organization. This role will apply the Opportunity to Order (O2O) understanding with specific knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of complex and varied tasks. The role will typically operate under supervision, however will perform his/her tasks independently in the areas of quote creation, proposal generation, order packet validation, process and tools, global policies, pricing agreements, sales forecasting and tracking as well as Partners.Essential Functions:
- Quote/Proposal/Order Throughput
- O2O (opportunity to order) Workflows. Supports and monitors the entire O2O process from submission, workflow, approval (ensure approval justifications are captured, clean orders are checked off) to CAA acceptance with final delivery, billing and revenue recognition
- Assists sales teams to ensure requirements for order submission are fulfilled (e.g. payer and credit limit set up, EES requirements, ECC / Damex requirements etc.)
- Handles or coordinates complex queries on products, pricing, licensing, install data including non-standard, trade-in or 3rd party products
- Checks billing status and notifies sales or finance to send invoice with address in local language as needed. Same for Hardware delivery, as needed.
- Review of manual orders to ensure clean order submission (COD, EULA, PST, GSLA, PO...., policy clearance and sign off)
- Process and Tools
- Understands company processes and policies related to sales
- Proficient in Corporate tools - CRM and O2O
- Participates in UAT, identifies and clarifies issues and/or enhancement requests.
- Assists in local deployment including notification and guidance to local internal users and partners
- Coordinates with zone support team for new users, partners or organizational change set up
- Provides tools support to local users
- Conducts training and knowledge transfer to local users (new user, refresh training as appropriate)
- Global Policies
- Be familiar with Corporate Policies (High Gear) and performs policy validation and collection of approvals ahead of time. This also includes facilitation of the contract and legal bidding document approval as needed.
- Sales Forecasting & Tracking
- Maintains and updates order tracking list
- Assists in reporting and forecast process
- Partner Support
- Performs Partner support (i.e. webkey creation for partners, P2O training to partners, demo licenses application etc.).
- Involved in the Partner onboarding, termination process, reseller agreement, quarterly performance points (PFP) analysis, partner Transfer Price and MDF process.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practices.
- Complex analysis of policy, workflows, process and system tools and transactions to facilitate timely and accurate transactions that comply with prevailing policy and process guidelines.
- Transactional processing of Quote and/or proposal activities in adherence with prescribed policy and processes.
- Reporting/forecast process; training/knowledge transfer to internal/external; support EES/ECC; process improvement engagement as an active participant.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- University degree level standard or relevant extended industrial relevant experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in an Opportunity to Order role.
- Experience achieved in a Multi-National company environment.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires supervisory instructions only on new assignments.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential for international sites
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:Normal office environment. Often requested to work long hours at quarter-end, at times of key project roll out periods or in the Management support or back-up roles.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time