At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Export Control Business Partner
The Export Control Business Partner position requires an individual who is capable of providing advice to and collaborating with individuals at all levels within the business to enable adherence to the Siemens Export Control Program and all applicable export regulations. The position reports to the Head of Export Control for Siemens Digital Industries Software (“DI SW”).
- Assist in establishing, implementing and monitoring risk-based procedures to ensure compliance with export control requirements across the assigned zone.
- Perform assigned export control responsibilities and tasks in support of assigned region(s).
- Interface with assigned businesses (legal entities, etc.) to communicate internal export control requirements and ensure adherence to obligations under applicable law and the Siemens Internal Control Program (“ICP”).
- Monitor new developments and changes for Export Control across the Americas region and evaluate potential impacts on the business.
- Provide regular communication and training to the assigned businesses on relevant export control topics.
- Perform and record periodic export control spot checks, and work with the business to remediate issues identified.
- Determine export control classifications (ECCN, AL, other) for software and hardware products.
- Perform de-minimis calculations to identify products that are subject to the EAR.
- Review and resolve export control escalations.
- Document and implement technology control plans as necessary.
- Coordinate with other members of the DI SW Export Control team, as appropriate, to escalate and resolve export control related matters.
- Report to management on Export Control related topics relevant to the businesses supported.
- Drive continuous improvement around Export Control related topics through lean, optimized processes and effective controls.
- Resolve Export Control escalations and execute approvals for certain higher risk transactions.
- Collaborate with DI SW EX colleagues, as well as those within Siemens Regional Companies across the Americas region, to obtain necessary support for assigned businesses.
- Develop and communicate strategies for the assigned businesses to influence and affect change to improve compliance and facilitate harmonization of processes, methods and standards.
- Be a trusted advisor to the business and manage issues related to Export Control.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field
- 5+ years Export Control experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of US export control regulations
- Demonstrated ability to classify items on the CCL.
- Working knowledge of ITAR
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven project management skills; including analytics, metric measurement and continuous monitoring expectations and deliverables
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, influence and implement changes within the business
- Capable of working and influencing remotely and across country lines
- Independent worker, thrives in an “Ownership” culture
- Change agent - embraces change, externally and internally driven and facilitates or drives necessary changes in the business
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Master’s or similar higher-education degree
- Strong understanding of the Software industry
- Experience working with ERP systems (i.e. SAP, Oracle, other)
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office
- Familiarization with EU export controls and sanctions, a plus
- Familiarization with the various export control regimes across the Americas region, a plus
- Understanding of Siemens Internal Control Program, a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.