The Simcenter Testlab software products are used in a very wide range of industries.
- Need to measure the damping characteristics of an engine mount?
- Need to certify a new airplane prior to its maiden flight (ground vibration testing)?
- Need to validate a complete satellite for launch survivability?
These are are just a few examples where the software developed in our team help companies make the difference.
The Product Development Engineer is the primary technical lead at the crossroads between Research, Product Management, Product Development and Customer Support.
This is reflected in the variety of tasks that make up the role, including:
- Define the product specification for new functionality in the wide range of Vibration Control products (Sine and Random tests, Time Waveform Replication) and Structural Data Acquisition (Impact and Random FRF tests, Sine testing) in close cooperation with the Product Management team.
- Evaluation and prototyping of algorithms used in context of the application. Follow-up of research in the areas concerned, translating relevant innovations into new product development
- Provide product related technical assistance to the software development team in order to correctly transfer the specifications into commercial products
- Support and check for a correct implementation of the required functionalities in software
- Development of collaterals in support of the pre- and post-sales organization: product manuals, training materials and technical background materials.
- Second line problem solving in cooperation with the Customer Support organization
- Review, update, and execute test templates with a focus on overall product stability
- Participation in Sprint, Consolidation and QC testing, including coordination of external test activities.
We are looking for a product development engineer with a passion to create high quality software solutions. In order to be a successful candidate, you should
- have a MSc in engineering, or equivalent industrial or academic experience in development,
- have experience in algorithm development and validation in the domain of digital signal processing (Matlab, Python, …),
- be dynamic, stress resistant and combine analytical thinking with a result-oriented approach,
- be a team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences with others,
- have good knowledge of English and you communicate easily with your colleagues and customers in an international context.
Following are nice-to-have assets:
- basic knowledge of agile development practice,
- experience with data acquisition systems,
- experience with simulation software and/or software for real-time systems
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time