Domain Tester (Software Test Engineer)
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyper intelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology, we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
How do you shape the future through Siemens Advanta? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow – the talented individuals ready to help our company transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Digital Process Industries.
Change the future with us.
- Engineer – Verification/Validation is primarily responsible for software testing in product development.
- You shall verify and validate the DCS functions ensuring that control applications & configuration are balanced. This includes reviewing, testing and maintaining releases for control applications used by plants. It also includes performing bug analysis, bug testing.
- Responsible for test design and its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that software application stays in sync with implicit and explicit requirements.
- You will review user / software requirements documentation with relevant partners.
- Specify and execute test cases including automation scripts based on analyzed requirements and overall test strategy
- Developing and validating automated and manual tests.
- Report errors in bug tracking tool and supervise the issues to closure.
- You will build test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and Ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development guidelines together with Test Manager and Lead Engineer - Quality / Senior Quality Manager.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds!
- Educational Qualification: B.E/ B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control / Electronics / Electrical Engineering.
- Software testing experience in Power Plant Automation systems (DCS) or any other processing plants of 2 years.
- Practical experience at project sites and engineering centers would be essential.
- Proven experience is encouraged with Distributed Control System (DCS, PLC, SCADA)
- Experience in Administrator tasks of DCS, networking and communication protocol, features and functions in a control system and protocols like IEC61850, IEC60870 and DNP in a control system
- Experience in Engineering, commissioning and testing of Power Plant Automation systems (DCS) on project sites or any other processing plants will have an added advantage
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time