We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
What are my responsibilities?
• Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, design, document, develop, maintain and support DevOps processes/steps (such as build, release, cloud deployment, version control, branching, and merging etc.) for contributed on-premise and/or cloud development projects,
• Creating, improving, and maintaining new or existing continuous integration (CI) pipelines,
• Establishing a continuous delivery (CD) pipeline and maintain its operation,
• Contributing requirements preparation and design on DevOps related issues,
• Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
• Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical-Electronical Engineering (or similar fields),
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in complex software development projects,
• Hands-on experience in high quality software delivery and administration of live systems,
• Experience in containerization strategies (such as Docker, AWS EC2),
• Experience in orchestration strategies (such as Kubernetes, AWS ECS),
• Experience in build, test and deployment automation tools (such as Jenkins)
• Understanding and hands-on experience on clean and well documented script/code (such as AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform)
• Understanding of network concepts and network management,
• Experience in security concepts and good understanding of related technologies,
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as GIT),
• Able to locate cross-cutting concerns (i.e. pointing out common usages and practices) to guide software development teams
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
• Experience in distributed systems and microservices architectures,
• Experience in database and object storage administration,
• Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
• Knowledge of Energy Domain (e.g., Power System, Protection) concepts,
• Experience in designing and developing software applications for web-based/cloud platforms
Desired Soft skills:
• Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
• Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
• Committed to quality oriented, tidy and well documented business delivery,
• Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
• Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
• Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs
What else do I need to know?
• Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
• No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time