Responsibilities and Tasks
· Engineering of Process Automation software work package and details design submission of AC, DC Traction Power Supply (TPS) substations for Rail Electrification Systems. This is including.
o Preparation of control software of Traction Substation control
o Preparation of protection relay parameterization
o Preparation of HMI projects
o Internal acceptance tests (Partially)
o External acceptance tests (Partially)
o Training of colleagues and customers (Partially)
o Technical support of the manufacturing and the commissioning engineers concerning analysis of technical
problems and answering of technical inquiries.
o Interface clarification and technical integration of all electrical systems within the bulk substation, Traction substation and Service substation.
· Technical management, planning and controlling of one’s own engineering work packages.
· Support of sales departments and project management during both, the bid phase and the project execution phase.
· Participation in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers and Siemens’ internal departments overseas.
· Bachelor degree or above in Electrical / Electronic / Control & Instrument / Automation Engineering with 3 or more years experience, ideally in the field of power distribution, electrical control and protection system.
Knowledge/ Experience/ Languages
· Practical experience of the Process Automation environment in PLC (SIMATIC products and SPS programming would be
· advantageous) and HMI interfaces
· Good knowledge of the automation language IEC 61131-3 and the programming language C as well as object-oriented
· languages (e.g. C++, C#)
· Familiar with standard protocols (e.g. Profibus, Modbus) and IEC standards, in particular remote control interface with IEC
· 60870-5-104/101) and substation environment (IEC61850)
· Knowledge (High) of Traction Power Supply in the field of Substation Control System, System engineering, Commissioning
· engineering, Product knowledge in Traction Power Supply.
· Knowledge of DC digital protection relays i.e., Sitras MDC, Sitras PRO.
· Knowledge of Siemens PLC SIMATIC STEP7, WINCC, TIA Portal
· Knowledge of AC digital protection relays i.e., SIPROTEC including SW parameterization via SIPROTEC
· Knowledge of AC substation configuration with SICAM PAS, SICAM AK, SICAM A8000
· Knowledge of Energy transmission and distribution
· Knowledge of communication network.
· Knowledge of measuring, control and supervisory systems.
· Knowledge of relevant European and International Standards.
· Knowledge of Software engineering processes.
· Experience in project realization, preferably in an international project environment.
· Good command of English.
· Experience in the railway sector, especially in the field of Process Automation in Rail Electrification Systems.
· Experience in design and planning of electrical substations.
· Experience in PLC/HMI Programming.
· Intercultural experience.
· Willingness to travel
· Ability and willingness to learn
· Planning and organizing
· Result and quality orientation
· Customer focus
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time