Companies don’t move the world forward, people do. Help us lead the way to a smarter future.
Siemens has an opportunity as a Cyber Security team member on the Development and Operations Team (DevOps). You will be a team member who supports the production Cyber Security team that provides services and data to members of the Analyst team. You will utilize state of the art tools, both commercial, open source, and custom developed, to provide our analyst team with data to make human intelligent decisions.
Your main objective will be to provide support for a global installation base of Linux derived systems utilizing automated system management tools and techniques. You will work with team members to develop and maintain solutions that automate installation and processing on Linux servers, facilitate global management of processes, expand on development of processes, tooling and other tasks as designated by management. You will work in a highly collaborative environment and will be exposed to advanced global Cyber Security related topics in a unique and big data environment.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsWhat are my responsibilities?
The Cyber Security DevOps team member will be expected to maintain servers and provide techniques to help automate the processes and servers. You will ensure a high level of availability of the servers using current techniques to automate the monitoring of the servers. Investigate and deploy best practice methods to automated monitoring of the production servers and the processes on the servers. Documentation of issues encountered solutioning and implementing researched solutions to the team.Tasks related to the job include:
- Maintain production systems ensuring high availability as appropriate
- Deployment and maintenance of Elastic (ELK) stack, Moloch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Syslog-NG, Atlassian JIRA and Confluence, VMware, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Git
- Integrating open-source, custom developed, and commercial products via scripting, SOAP, RESTful, Python and other appropriate methods
- Work closely with Cyber Analysts and other colleagues to architect, deploy and maintain the solutions in production and development environments.
- Share techniques and practices with the rest of the team personally and document within our wiki.
- Work with existing source management systems to maintain our automated tools for managing our servers and process.
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 5 plus years’ experience in the Cyber Security DevOps environment
- Proficiency working within Linux shell and Bash scripting
- Basic understanding of Networking and Network Protocols
- Puppet or equivalent automation experience
- Detail oriented, strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Required Travel: <5% (post Covid)
- Experience with Network/Host Security and Hardening, Vulnerability remediation
- Experience with Postgres or other similar Database technologies
- Development languages such as Python
- Cloud Infrastructure management & automation frameworks experience
- AWS technologies experience in any of the following:
SageMaker, Amazon ML, Kinesis, Firehose, Glue, Lambda, Athena, S3, Glacier, VPC, Load Balancing, API Gateway, CodeCommit, CodeBuilt, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, IAM, Direct Connect, KMS, EMR, CloudWatch, CloudFormationWhy you’ll love working at Siemens:
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote in the GA area
- Paid parental leave
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.