This position will manage and lead a team of people in sales, allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop. It requires the job holder to co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
- Manage order and revenue of workshop to achieve company target.
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job. Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Operations manager. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Service Area.
- Work with the BD Manager and Operations manager to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions. Discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries.
- Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved.
- Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business
- Review customers service orders and inspect the quality of a technician repairs before the release of vehicles.
- Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to Service Workshop policies and procedures.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Plan and prepare annual budget for the department and facilities, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. Follow up closely during implementation.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (Power) or related field.
- 5 years’ experience managing sales, factory workshop and services
- Extensive Knowledge of motor, electrical and mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs
- Strong analytical, communication and inter-personal skills with administrative competence vital for this role.
- Computer literate with a solid understanding of Microsoft applications
- Ability to advise customers on the required jobs in a timely, professional manner
- Knowledge of customers within sales territories
- Time management, presentation, and planning skills
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers
- Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs
- Skilled in CRM sales management tools, ex. Salesforce, would be advantaged
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time