Technical Expert – AI & Industrial Data Analytics
The Corporate Technology department occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
Our Research Group (Advanced Data Management) is part of Business Analytics and Monitoring (BAM) Technology Field. Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionate global team of around 240 researchers, data scientists and architects distributed across the globe.
We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from mobility, industry, energy, and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence. We are looking for equally passionate techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding innovative solutions to some non-trivial industrial problems.
What part will you play?
- Analyze large, complex data sets by developing advanced machine learning and deep learning pipelines based on business initiatives.
- You will have the ability to build theoretical models as well as build innovative, practical and robust real-world solutions for problems in Oil & Gas, Manufacturing and Process Industries.
- You will demonstrate outstanding ability to drive innovation and research in the form of patents and publishing papers at top-tier conferences/journals.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Do you hold an advanced degree in Chemical engineering, Mechanical engineering, or computer engineering or other related degree from an accredited university, with hands-on experience of at least 5+ years in solving complex problems and driving actionable insights
- An advanced degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics, or a related quantitative discipline is an asset.
- Experience in proven deep technical expertise in designing and programming large scale data driven solutions using any of the high-level programming languages viz. Java/Python/C++/Matlab
- Strong background in data science including statistical analysis and modeling, data mining, machine learning, uncertainty analysis, time series forecasting, working with both structured and unstructured data.
- Proven experience in oil & gas and power generation or manufacturing preferred. Experience in large-scale industrial processes (chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas refining, manufacturing) in Unit Operations Analysis like Distillation Columns, Heat exchangers would be preferred.
- Basic understanding of Thermodynamics, Mass and Energy Balance
- Experience in one or more Programming (R, Python, Matlab, C++ etc)
- Rotating Equipment’s like Pumps, Motors, Compressors or Turbines
- Chemical Reaction Engineering – Combustion Analysis
- Process Optimization: LP / MILP, Experience in problem formulation in GAMS/AMPL/Matlab
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time