Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries. We’re offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability. To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need open-minded and curious people who dare to ask them. Just like the more than hundreds of thousands of people of Siemens. And maybe just like you.
We are looking for an R&D engineer who will contribute to the software development of next generation products and solutions for energy domain incorporating artificial intelligence for their improved performance, reliability and best in class quality.
What are responsibilities?
• Backend software development of cloud applications in Java. Software architecture design & implementation.
• Development of the solutions based on Siemens’ industrial platforms (WinCC OA, EnergyIP, etc.): implementation of additional modules, configuration and customization.
• Close work energy domain experts and data scientists to solve technical challenges within multinational distributed environments
• Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of the applications
• Work in a team using agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban
• Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team
What is needed to qualify for the position?
• Experience in commercial software development in Java (3+ years)
• Experience with PLC, SCADA, industry automation
• Relational databases (Postgres, MySQL)
• CI/CD experience, preferably Teamcity
• Version control systems, Git
• Proven ability to solve challenging problems by utilizing innovative non-conventional approaches
• Continuous learning and adoption of the newest technologies from the world of open source software
• Communication skills and readiness to work in a team as well as individually.
• Ability to switch between different tasks
• Upper intermediate English;
Would be beneficial
• Experience with Cloud Computing: e.g. AWS stack, MS Azure
• Knowledge in machine learning/data mining/signal processing/AI
• Experience with
-- Java 8, Kotlin, functional programming in general
-- Message queues (e. g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
-- NoSQL databases and data grids (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase)
-- Distributed computations systems (e.g. Spark, Flink, Samza)
• Contribution to journals/blogs/professional community resources
What else should I know?
• Full time position
• Corporate medical insurance
• Corporate pension program
• Corporate trainings
• Fitness compensation
• Lunch compensation
Interested? We are looking forward to your application!