Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Join our team!
Recognized by Fortune as Worlds Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. Our Energy Engineers conduct facility site visits, analyze and plan for Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs). They also assist sales and operations in the development, procurement, and execution of performance contracts.
- Perform and supervise preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs) and opportunities.
- Coordinate and lead facility site visits.
- Communicate with outside vendors (Contractors i.e. Electrical Contractors, Mechanical Contractors, General Contractors….) as it pertains to FIMs.
- Assist sales in the identification and qualification of potential performance contracting projects.
- Develop preliminary and final performance contracting proposals. Analyze blueprints and perform site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, energy resiliency, building envelop, process and controls systems to determine facility operational characteristics.
- Apply energy simulation programs to develop energy, water conservation, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software.
- Develop design concepts concerning recommended FIMs, including descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and data to verify FIMs.
- Prepare financial models related to repayment, including Return on Investment (ROI), life cycle costs, and internal rate of return.
- Evaluate energy supply-side savings opportunities, trash management, co-generation, water conservation, and renewable technologies for inclusion into performance contracts.
- Create performance assurance plans and assist with performance contracting contracts.
- Monitor project performance, particularly those that guarantee savings.
- Assist in performance assurance plan development and ongoing support.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or related technical field with strong design build construction development responsibilities desired. Demonstrated Electrical / Mechanical project development will be considered
- Energy Manager (CEM) or Professional Engineer (PE) certification required
- Energy industry experience supporting performance-based projects, energy services or commercial / industrial design build experience; 5+ years preferred
- Knowledge of energy supply-side savings, and ability to evaluate savings potential
- Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IMVP performance assurance methodologies
- Travel will be required
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- company vehicle plan for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.