Looking for a chance to create a positive impact on our society?
With its 7,000 employees, Siemens Technology works hand in hand with the company’s business units to ensure Siemens’ future. Technology conducts research with internal and external partners, including leading universities and promising start-ups. These collaborative endeavors focus on a wide range of future technologies with a view to securing them with patents and supporting them through commercialization. Technology also provides development services for Siemens’ business units and supports them with methods and tools related to business excellence.
The Siemens incubator for electrification develops the next generation of smart grid applications and digital platforms. You will play a critical role in this endeavor. We are looking for a dedicated individual that wants to be part of the team that re-defines how smart grid technologies are developed and used. You will work closely with software and hardware engineers in a start-up type environment backed up by the substantial resources of a large-scale company.
Product management lies at the intersection of technology, design and the business and we are looking for someone who can balance the act of being the voice of the customer and ensuring customer needs are met while delivering maximum business value. In addition to the user centered approach we also value experience in software development team management.
We use design thinking and MVP (Minimal Viable Product) approach to shape and validate our products in order to proudly deliver amazing experiences to our customers and users.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Be delivering successful products, including defining vision, strategy, outcome-driven product roadmaps
- Articulate and test product hypotheses and breaking down complex problems into actionable steps and managing backlogs
- Ensure the minimum required product spec and processes are in place to be able to test and iterate
- Demonstrate ability to influence decision making in different contexts within the team, stakeholders and wider business
- Work collaboratively with engineers, designers and business stakeholders
- Design think, design sprints and/or other methodologies and frameworks for product discovery, prototyping and development
- Engage and manage the needs of the team as well as positively contribute to personal and professional development of the engineers
- Identify opportunities (problems/pains) and turn them into value (solutions/gains) for the customers and business alike, during the whole end to end product lifecycle
- Identify the right metrics and ensure they are in place to understand how our users are interacting with the product
To make a difference, you must have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience of Product Management with B2B applications
- A keen interest in hardware and/or software hacking with the urge to design new, cool things
- Understanding of Test-Driven Development with experience creating Unit and Functional Tests
- CI and CD experience
- Experience with AWS services like Lambda, Api Gateway, DynamoDB, SQS/SNS, Cloudwatch as well as Kubernetes
- Experience or knowledge of Extreme Programming (XP) development methodology
- Fluency in English
Curious about our Tech hub?
The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 1000 experts with several IT expertise: Application Development, Artificial Intelligence, Big-Data and Robotics, Cyber Security, Project Management and much more, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Find out more about the Digital Minds
You will love to have:
Flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering initiatives, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Pluralsight, Learnlight, Bookboon, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time