Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software Inc!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Currently we’re recruiting for our Summer 2021 Strategic Student Program. Our student positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or master’s program student.
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company.
• Preferred sophomore or later status.
• Able to work from Coralville, IA without relocation assistance.
• Able to work near full time in the summer and part time (~15 hours/week) in fall and spring semesters.
• Paid volunteer time off.
• Employee discounts at our top customer sites
• Networking with our global leaders
• Mentorship from senior engineers
• Individual career development planning
• Professional and technical workshops
• Energetic student community
• Leadership opportunities
• Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Digital Industry Software, Simulation and Test Solutions
Motion Methods Development Application Engineer
The Application Engineering intern will assist the Motion Methods Development team in building and supporting customized applications built on our Simcenter 3D product portfolio. Work will focus on mechanical system simulation. The intern should be excited about technology application, collaborate well, be highly organized and detail-oriented as well as self-motivated, goal-oriented and possess good interpersonal communication skills. You will work with an experienced team of mechanical engineers and software developers and gain real world experience in understanding our solutions.
Applicants should have a good understanding of physics, math, and computer software. Most work is done with various software applications running on Microsoft Windows. Having a natural interest in mechanical things (cars, bikes, engines, etc.) is a plus, as is interest in computer software applications.
Typical projects include:
• Participate in training sessions and self-guided learning to ramp-up on our extensive portfolio of engineering software solutions.
• Test engineering software to verify it performs as intended.
• Develop new simulation software models to use in testing, training, and demonstration.
• Collect reference material to use in validating simulation models.
• Write documentation explaining how to use software features and how to apply the software to specific application problems
• Assist product management in updating existing examples and looking for ways to adapt them to new applications
• At least a sophomore pursuing a bachelor’s degree in:
o Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics
• Passionate about mechanical systems, driven, and proactive
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
• Inspires collaboration
• Desirable to have experience with Siemens solutions such as Simcenter, NX, Solid Edge, and Teamcenter.
• Desirable to have experience with industrial CAE software solutions such as multi-body dynamics, FEA, CFD, and control system design.
• Desirable to have experience or interest in software programming with C#, VB.Net, or C++.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.