Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens Mobility is seeking a professional Associate Project Manager with a proven track record of working on complex projects. As an Associate Project Manager you will be responsible for supporting the execution of train delivery and Information technology project in Montreal, Canada. The Associate Project Manager will collaborate with his or her team at a customer facility where project management and maintenance are co-located.
The Associate Project Manager will support the execution of the project in a matrix organization with a primary team of 10 to 20 people spread between west coast and Europe. The Associate Project Manager will support customer communication for all aspects of the project.
What will you do?
- The Associate Project Manager is responsible to support the PM during in project execution during phases including proposals, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, testing and customer acceptance.
- Support the PM in leading discussions/negotiations with customers for scope clarification and changes in scope, cost and schedule.
- Lead design review activities for conceptual, preliminary and final design.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency plans.
- Drive project schedule for design, project milestones (utilizing Siemens’ milestone methodology), vehicle and information technology delivery and acceptance.
- Lead strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for technology implementation and train acceptance.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external stakeholders.
- Support the team in testing and documentation if needed.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering degree relevant to rail technology projects.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in in rail environment, Heavy Industrial Manufacturing or similar industries.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
- Travel: 10%. PM will travel for customer visits and supplier reviews for first article inspections and as needed to support commissioning and warranty obligations
- Minimum 5 years of experience related to the manufacturing of rail vehicles or heavy machinery preferred.
- Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, information technology is preferred.
- Project management certification via PMI PMP certification is a plus.
- Understanding and experience of Agile implementations is a plus.
- Technical experience with complex products/projects and system integration also considered.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.