If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Digital Industry Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products – be it the automotive or aerospace industry, software engineering or other interesting sectors.
Your mission in new role:
Working now in our Agile team to define, create and sharpen the Engineering System of Siemens’ world leading programmable logic controller (PLC) products, you will carry out the core controllers of the industrial micro-automation system by the dawn of the Industrial 4.0 era.
Your new role – Challenging and future oriented
1. You will be focus on architecture design for PLC/IPC/HMI products, i.e. a technical realization concept, that allows a cost efficient and timely realization of the hardware with appropriate quality, even in the face of challenging and changing requirements and realization technologies.
2. You will need to validate system, customer, market or contract requirements, clarifies understanding and feasibility and translates them into hardware requirements.
3. You will need to drive the elaboration of realization alternatives and the decision process.
4. You will need to coach and motivate the development team regarding technical aspects;
5. You will need to involve necessary experts from late phases, like engineering, production, logistic, maintenance, service, or operation.
6. You will need to drive HW innovation within our PLC/IPC/HMI products;
7. You will be a team player in a cross functional (product management, HW dev and manufacture) and cross continental (China, Germany, and USA) team.
8. You will need to smartly convert your expertise in architect design, Agile practice, DevOps solutions, and Product Security, into the customer values of Siemens products.
Your Qualifications – solid and appropriate
1. Ideally you have successfully completed university education in the areas of Informatics, Electrical Engineering, physics, engineering sciences or you will have earned the recognition of such academic achievements based on practical HW designing experiences.
2. BS above. >=8 years architecture design experience on high-volume electronics products. And experiences in working with international team, in product lifecycle management with very good communication skill.
3. Strategic thinking, result orientation, decision making is necessary during the cooperation with different partners internal and external.
4. Strong grasp on ARM(Cortext-A, R and M Series) platform and Intel/AMD X86 platform, familiar with common periphery high speed design (DDR3/4, PCIeGen 3/4, SATA3, DP/HDMI/LVDS, Ethernet GbE/2.5GbE/5GbE/10GbE, USB 3.0/3.1/4.0), signal integrity and power distribution techniques. RF designing experience will be the plus.
5. Solid EMC/EMI technology, including standard understanding、design principles、problem analysis and solution, be proficient in simulation will be plus.
6. You are a quick learner for new technologies and good sense at technical and marketing trend.
7. You are fluent in English and good at English communication, additional languages are plus.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time