Data Engineer – ETL & Data Quality
The Corporate Technology department occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
Our Research Group (Advanced Data Management), located in Bangalore, is part of Business Analytics and Monitoring (BAM) Technology Field. Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionate community of around 240 researchers, data scientists and architects distributed across the globe. We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from industry, energy, mobility and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence. We are looking for equally passionate techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding solutions to some non-trivial problems of the petabyte world.
Our research primarily focuses on methods and algorithms for data driven decisions. As a ETL/Data Quality engineer on our team you will have to research, develop and maintain tools used to architect, create, debug, analyze complex ETL pipelines that integrates data from multiple structured and unstructured data sources and ensure data consistency, availability and most importantly, highest quality data for the data science/analytics functions that rely on it across business verticals.
Change the future with us
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Develop and maintain scalable and robust ETL pipelines adhering to complex business data requirements
- Work with business users to translate functional requirements into data specifications
- Migrate ETL pipelines to cloud infrastructure, undertake platform integration projects to ensure best in class data engineering pipelines
- Collaborate with data scientists and business users to transform domain know how into functional requirements.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Do you have an Engineering Degree with 3+ years hands on experience in architecting, developing and productionizing ETL pipelines?
- Strong knowledge in REST, SOAP APIs, interfaces and data delivery via APIs.
- Strong knowledge in DevOps including CI/CD and working and deploying solutions in Cloud infrastructure
- Working knowledge of standard querying languages for data manipulation – SQL, SPARQL
- Capability and experience to understand and model a domain in interactions with the customer
- Hands on experience working with RDBMS, NoSQL database (Graph databases like Blazegraph/AWS Neptune/Neo4j a plus)
- Working knowledge of public cloud services such as AWS, Azure.
- Well versed in software development and code quality best practices
- Knowledge of data related applications and best practices for review of data quality.
- Experience working with Agile Development methodologies
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time